• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

This is what a real lid looks like *review*

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So as some of you know I had a "potato chip lid" on my tank. I HATED it. Worst part about my tank. It was ugly. Poorly made. And just didn't look good. It did the job of keeping fish in but that is about it. So I ordered a OctoLid from Cromag. From order to delivery it took 2 weeks. I harassed him often with questions and suggestions for the lid. He custom tailored it to my specifications. They are rather simple dimensions but I wanted the mesh splined in and I didn't want black spline I wanted white, clear or grey. This thing turned out perfect. It was cheaper than Artfully Acrylic. It was built much faster than Artfully Acrylic. It supports a local forum member. Best of all it was much more personal than Artfully Acrylic. Cromag was great. Here are the pics of the before and after.

Before.
default_sad.png

IMG_7487.JPG

After! :D

IMG_1720.JPG

Cromag is great. He answered all my questions for like 3 months no problem. He took some of my suggestions for the tops and made them even better. Great experience. NO these tops WILL NOT warp if you take care of them and use them properly.

CamG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice... I want / need one. I am upgrading my lights and that will require me removing my hood. That looks great !

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good time to mention that i hold the i.p. rights to these style of lids, and i have NEVER licensed them out to any other company. i started making these over 7 years ago before anyone else. do NOT fall for cheap rip-offs!

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good time to mention that i hold the i.p. rights to these style of lids, and i have NEVER licensed them out to any other company. i started making these over 7 years ago before anyone else. do NOT fall for cheap rip-offs!

What's the significance of i.p. rights?

Gonna have to score a lid soon for my 225

Marc.The.Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as some of you know I had a "potato chip lid" on my tank. I HATED it. Worst part about my tank. It was ugly. Poorly made. And just didn't look good. It did the job of keeping fish in but that is about it. So I ordered a OctoLid from Cromag. From order to delivery it took 2 weeks. I harassed him often with questions and suggestions for the lid. He custom tailored it to my specifications. They are rather simple dimensions but I wanted the mesh splined in and I didn't want black spline I wanted white, clear or grey. This thing turned out perfect. It was cheaper than Artfully Acrylic. It was built much faster than Artfully Acrylic. It supports a local forum member. Best of all it was much more personal than Artfully Acrylic. Cromag was great. Here are the pics of the before and after.

Before.
default_sad.png

IMG_7487.JPG

After! :D

IMG_1720.JPG

Cromag is great. He answered all my questions for like 3 months no problem. He took some of my suggestions for the tops and made them even better. Great experience. NO these tops WILL NOT warp if you take care of them and use them properly.
Uhh....told ya! Lol. Like the spline idea, wish I woulda thought of that!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had originally used spline in the beginning but people started requesting screws to make it easier to change the netting if needed. now spline is in demand.

Uhh....told ya! Lol. Like the spline idea, wish I woulda thought of that!

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where do we go to get a quote?

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is Euro-Braced and I can't stand the tops laying on top could you make one of these lids for a Euro-Braced tank or am I out of luck?

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is Euro-Braced and I can't stand the tops laying on top could you make one of these lids for a Euro-Braced tank or am I out of luck?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back