This little guys has a story to tell : )

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy is tuuuuuufffffffff to take a picture of when the lights are on. His white fleshy outer edge really reflects light! This pic is 12 hours after the last one... all day direct light... he is near the bottom of my tank. I wasn’t going to post another pic today but it looks like both littles heads are in the process of splitting! Tomorrow there will be 4 heads... pods... I dunno.

This has been fun so far : )

256A94B6-1BC9-4671-9838-EC38813E5391.jpeg
It’s difficult to tell from the photos mostly because underwater in the tank photography is pretty difficult to begin with, but I was looking at the photos of your blue guy and am wondering if yours looks anything like the guy in the photo that I am attaching.
3F610927-DB2C-403C-A300-EF2D8801ACC8.jpeg

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to throw this picture in for a time comparison. He is twice as big already than he was when I found him. But, I also wanted to show a ...graphic for how small of a thing I have been trying to capture pictures of.

0907E2E9-63C5-42DD-8954-1507522D2F62.jpeg
Do you have an iPhone11? There is a magnifying option in Photo where you click the right side button 3 times and it magnifies it like 9x or something close to that. That little guy is very tiny!

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s difficult to tell from the photos mostly because underwater in the tank photography is pretty difficult to begin with, but I was looking at the photos of your blue guy and am wondering if yours looks anything like the guy in the photo that I am attaching.
3F610927-DB2C-403C-A300-EF2D8801ACC8.jpeg
He doesn’t have that much color yet... mostly whites and greens. That might be what he is : )

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an iPhone11? There is a magnifying option in Photo where you click the right side button 3 times and it magnifies it like 9x or something close to that. That little guy is very tiny!
I’ve been using a 100mm macro lens on my DSLR : )

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TDS? RODI?
TDS ...total dissolved solids in my RODI... Reverse Osmosis De-Ionized water filtration system. The moment TDS of the water coming thru it gets above 1 or 2, it’s time to replace the filters. I didn’t even know I was supposed to test for it. Once I did, it was reading 149, so I was basically feeding silicates to the diatoms Now I don’t let the TDS get above zero : )

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using a 100mm macro lens on my DSLR : )
Oh, I totally forgot about those cool cameras with the awesome lenses. I haven’t used my DSLR for several years. Recently, I remembered that I used to use filters like yellow to get the blue out! This is one of the most fascinating hobbies. Something for everyone for sure!

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Now that is very close!
I only knew this guy as a green bubble tipped anemone. He was my first one about three years ago. It was the first time I saw what I thought originally was a plant (duh!) move. It moved! The coolest thing ever! Later, when I watched my Black Widow anemone split in two, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Amazing thing to watch!
53DF6238-E727-4735-88EE-5F6C886B4FE7.jpeg
B77A1D08-32CF-4CF1-9BD1-323B1B619844.jpeg

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Now that is very close!
A friend of mine who pretty well versed in everything reef said this looks like a bleached out Coraliimorph. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/corallim.htm
Check out the link and let me know what you think. I had a pretty fun afternoon looking up corals and looking at my older photos trying to figure what your tiny blue guy is. I am really enjoying REEF2REEF

Here are some new pics. The first pic is unedited... the second one is heavily edited on my Lightroom app. : )

C9121E95-BAF3-4963-B46E-41A5B7892449.jpeg
BB190167-50ED-4ABF-A5CE-08A9CFA08DA6.jpeg

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine who pretty well versed in everything reef said this looks like a bleached out Coraliimorph. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/corallim.htm
Check out the link and let me know what you think. I had a pretty fun afternoon looking up corals and looking at my older photos trying to figure what your tiny blue guy is. I am really enjoying REEF2REEF
I looked at the link. Your friend may be right. I honestly can’t tell from looking at the adult picture. I wouldn’t mind if he was right : ) thats a cool mushroom. I really love this forum too!

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mouth is different... that may be age as well... it honestly looks like an anemone mouth to me. I am by no means an expert!

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Half of it was. I used half fresh from the ocean live rock and half cured lived rock.
4978BE8E-FF0D-4D9A-BB94-BD7B9D242929.jpeg

Half of it was. I used half fresh from the ocean live rock and half cured lived rock.
Here are some photos of my pink tipped rainbow anemones and my fishes. My tank is pretty new too. I started cycling it in May and started adding corals on June 21st. The fishes were added a week or so later from my other tank. My last tank had live ocean rock, but I didn’t like the volunteers. I used a yellow filter. Not sure why the photos are so blue...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back