This person’s tank is my inspiration for reefing

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The minimal aquascape, the SPS corals, the tangs, the angel fish. All in one tank. This is my goal of where I’m taking my tank.

I most likely will opt out of the angel fish. Tank isn’t large enough, and too much risk. But I’m inspired by this reef. Excellent job!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen this video before also.

I think the point in the video where he admits he has had several complete failures and restarts ... that spoke volumes to me.

He must come from money bc I know I can't have fun replacing that many fish several times. We're talking thousand if not tens of thousands of dollars.

At that kind of expense, it's no longer a fun hobby.

Must be nice to have that disposable of an income

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. At those stocking levels and seeing his fish collection (+ that the hobby’s really costly down in Australia) it’s honestly a bit beyond what even a fish geek like me would be willing to take on for a long time, if ever. I’m more longevity than variety oriented.

There are some guys like Dave (o2manyfish) and John Coppolino who keep heavy fish loads and have fish that live a long time, but I’m honestly more keen on telling someone I’ve had a fish for 10+ years, even 20+ years than telling them I’ve kept just about every variety.

I’m not a technically minded person at all, so all of the mechanical and digital equipment would give me a headache before anything else.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just can't jump on board with the whole NSA trend going on. Looks good but bad for the things that have to live in it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back