OP
Saltfishonly

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For bristle worms I've used 6 line wrasse they will decimate a bristle worm population. For aiptasia an ORA raised filefish

I was getting a 6 line wrasse few days ago but I heard they should be last in the tank,they don’t like new comets and Midas Blenny don’t get along? I could be wrong you probably know more than me lol...you think it will make a problem if I add it in

BabyBoyGreene

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yes I did a little more research on the peppermint shrimp I’m going to get one today

I love them... they eradicated my aptasia and they also spawn periodically and give the whole tank a meal. They can be mean to the corals, but they dont eat them they clean them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The answer to bristle worms - ARROW CRAB . . . . Trust me. Sold many at my pet store and 100% success

1568567695478.png
1568567759192.png

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arrow crab, and six line wrasse are great options for bristle worms, peppermint shrimp do eat aiptasia. If they dont within a week, starve they tank a few days and they will start looking for food.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
On Aptasia- Secret weapon . . . . . . KLEINI BUTTERFLY !!!
PRETTY FISH, PEACEFUL, WILL WIPE OUT APTASIA AND THEN EAT WET/DRY FOOD READILY AFTER APTASIA ARE GONE.

1568570512522.png

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get to the aiptasia, @Frank's Tanks F-aiptasia does work. It's the only product I've used that does nothing to chemistry and actually works.

I have pepermints and a skunk cleaner, they pay no attention to each other.

Frank's Tanks

1 of 3 F-Aiptasia Creators
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Homer! I definitely encourage anyone who hasn't used my product to give it a shot. I am not saying that butterflies won't work. For that matter, I won't condemn ANY product! What I am saying is that my tested product DOES WORK and that it is HIGHLY EFFECTIVE!

Many people on R2R have been crucially important to the success of my product. A company has asked about making it, labeling, bottling and distributing. I am nervous because I don't want to make a bad deal for myself...lol Fact is, this product works. Please give it a try @
If you can get to the aiptasia, @Frank's Tanks F-aiptasia does work. It's the only product I've used that does nothing to chemistry and actually works.

I have pepermints and a skunk cleaner, they pay no attention to each other.

vanisher187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filefish is the only thing that helped my aptasia issue. I had even removed 1/2 of my live rock to try reducing hiding spots for aptasia x treatments. Nothing really worked till i got the filefish. A few of the aptasia ate some of the peppermints.

OP
OP
Saltfishonly

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filefish is the only thing that helped my aptasia issue. I had even removed 1/2 of my live rock to try reducing hiding spots for aptasia x treatments. Nothing really worked till i got the filefish. A few of the aptasia ate some of the peppermints.

I’ve been seeing filefish pop up as well while I was researching I’ll look into it, and yes that’s exactly! How I’m feeling...I was planning on getting more live rock to finish my aquascape but now I think I’m just gonna add dry rock no more live rock

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filefish do work, just very very slow. Only downside is if you feed the tank(I know right, who doesn't feed their tank?) They get lazy and just wait to be fed instead of eating the aptasia.

My filefish started doing a good job, but the first time he tasted pellets, his aptasia eating days were over.

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a regular bristle worm. Super icky but beneficial. I pluck out the big ones if they expose themselves, just because they are so nasty looking. I assure you that there are a multitude of its relatives in there...just smaller.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back