This was attached to a firework clove frag I just got.. what is it? Nudibranch?

Reefer.Nikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if anyone knew what this was attached to my frag I got in the mail? Thinking it's a nudibranch? Thanks for the help!

PXL_20210916_145329270.jpg PXL_20210916_151509640.jpg PXL_20210916_151557185.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like a nudi, however I honestly have no clue. Hopefully another can come along and chime in

OP
OP
Reefer.Nikki

Reefer.Nikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like a nudi, however I honestly have no clue. Hopefully another can come along and chime in
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking that is what it is also. Nudis seem mostly bad. Just makes me wonder if I should buy from this place again.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking that is what it is also. Nudis seem mostly bad. Just makes me wonder if I should buy from this place again.
There are plenty of beneficial nudis, no sense in blacklisting a store over a creature you haven't identified

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty of beneficial nudis, no sense in blacklisting a store over a creature you haven't identified
Agree with this. Many are beneficial once identified.
I mean I have a LFS that has Aiptasia and flatworms all throughout his frag tanks but 9 times out of 10, he’s priced well below market so a coral quarantine doesn’t affect me for the price.
That said, I’m sure many have blacklisted him but he works for me.
I would just be sure to dip the coral and possibly quarantine prior to putting in the main display

OP
OP
Reefer.Nikki

Reefer.Nikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are definitely right!! I have another coral shipping out next week from them. But I will look a little closer at this one. Lol hoping someone says it is a good one to have in your tank if that is what it is.

OP
OP
Reefer.Nikki

Reefer.Nikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is that it’s a species from

Dendrodoris

Which wuld likely make it a soft coral eater (like the cloves you found it with)

this site can help identify:
Thanks for the reply. Great list for sea slugs!! There are soo many nudis and those are the only pics I have for it. I used to have a Chromodoris annae in my old tank 15 years ago. Thanks for the info!!

Back