Thought I’d show off my backyard pond!

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I purchased my home 2.5 years ago it had an abandoned jacuzzi filled with gunk.

C3E005EF-8C87-444C-9B76-8B56CFC46EEC.jpeg

I had no interest in a jacuzzi and being a fish minded person went ahead and started converting it into a pond. Pond is about 5000 gallons. I used the skimmer basket that was still there to pull water into my filtration. Originally I used the pipes that were there but they busted and caused tons of issues, so I purchased an adjustable DC 4000gph pump, cut a hole in the side of the basket and ran the water line under the dirt to the waterfall. From there I have a Aqua UV 80 watt sterilizer that runs to a copper probe/doser and from there into a gravity drain OASE 10k gallon mechanical/bio filter. Built the waterfalls with my dad utilizing 7 different ball valves that control the flow of the individual waterfalls. Added some mood lighting, and built a ramp so my dang ducks can get in and out. It’s been up now for 2 years and all these fish have doubled or tripled in size over that time. If anyone has more interest I can take more photos of the setup, some of the unusual residents within!

Here’s a video from a night a couple weeks ago with my wife
Night time bliss

And here is the frenzy

This mornings feeding

OP
OP
HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool.....looks much different from when you bough the house :)
The real story is when my dad and I went in there with a trash pump to clear it out. There was a bug eye type goldfish still living in the slop! He’s still with us but I couldn’t believe it

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back