Thoughts? Also best way to glue the rocks together while wet?

gizzo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scaped my 15g column tank and was wondering what your guys thoughts are. Yes I know the tops rocks aren’t stable and that’s why I am wondering what would be the best way to assure they don’t get knocked over. The tank is wet and the super glue didn’t work well much at all so is there a better option while underwater?
1AEE839C-5F23-4456-9B25-A96F7F88C30C.jpeg

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Doesn’t look like you have anything in the tank. I’d just drain water out and use something like JB water weld or Two Little Fishies Aquastik, let it cure some then fill the tank back up. You can also do a combo with superglue and either of those epoxies to help the rocks hold while the epoxy cures.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use aquastik putty with superglue. Scrap the spot of any algae first.

OP
OP
gizzo12

gizzo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look like you have anything in the tank. I’d just drain water out and use something like JB water weld or Two Little Fishies Aquastik, let it cure some then fill the tank back up. You can also do a combo with superglue and either of those epoxies to help the rocks hold while the epoxy cures.
I can’t use the Aquastik underwater?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can’t use the Aquastik underwater?

you can, but since you aren’t dealing with a tank full of corals and fish here your better option would be to drain it down and epoxy the rocks without the water then fill it back up. The epoxy will be much easier to work with and bond easier.

Back