Thoughts carrying parasites or not?

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is my unique situation, I put in a blue hippo tang inDT that showed inch and velvet in a few days and died. My royal gramma also died but got the rest of my fish out in a HT. Since I only had one other tank That i already had 2 black mollies in it that I just fully acclimated. I started slowly ramping up copper power that is still not at full level. However, I would have fully expected that molies would have quickly got infected but it has been a week and all fish including the mollies show no signs at all and look great. Could it be possible that they did not carry anything into HT? I have 2 banghi cardinals 2 chromis 2clowns linear blenny and leapord wrasse

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything is possible but not likely in this case. Go through a full QT protocol and leave the DT fishless for 76 days to be certain and give you a clean parasite free do over. Then fully QT any “wet” addition and keep parasites from entering again.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I agree with you and taking the opportunity to do the full redo since I got the hard part over of getting them all out. Probably a proof point that time does matter as I got them all out while healthy and treating before they started showing and dying. AND YES I am one of those converted that will never add another thing without full QT protocol. valuable lesson slow and patient = long term success.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back