Thoughts on my 150G Aquascape?

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,
I am just about ready to setup my new 5'x2'x2' ~150G reef. I have been working on my aquascape and I think I am pretty close to something I will be happy with. Please keep in mind that I will trim the rods that are visible and then I will need to add some glue/epoxy/cement. So, any comments or suggestions for improvement will be appreciated!

This will be a mixed reef with a 1" sandbed. I will have 2, maybe 3 tangs, a clownfish pair with anemone, a school of anthias and maybe one or two more small fish. Not sure yet.

Thanks for stopping by!

Aquascape - 1.jpeg

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After i did my wb 100.3 my biggest regret was getting on the back wall on 1 side and not building the rock for optimal flow. It looks like to me you got that part nailed. Looks nice and functional too. Good luck

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Hard to see the gap between the front rock and glass but just make sure you have adequate clearance to get an algae magnet in there. Looks like it might be a bit tight.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least buy a caribsea caves, or make one or two for each tang. I've got one tang and gave him two caves he uses all the time to sleep in or any time he gets spooked. Almost all of my fish go into the rock at night to sleep. I built my rock structure first as a functional reef fish habitat, not so much of an artistic creation, although you can achieve both.
Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 11.46.15 AM.png

OP
OP
Patrick Cox

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At least buy a caribsea caves, or make one or two for each tang. I've got one tang and gave him two caves he uses all the time to sleep in or any time he gets spooked. Almost all of my fish go into the rock at night to sleep. I built my rock structure first as a functional reef fish habitat, not so much of an artistic creation, although you can achieve both.
Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 11.46.15 AM.png

That's a good suggestion. I have room for 1 or two of those caves. Thanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back