Thoughts on new Waterbox AIO Peninsula 50.3/65.4?

AJJ0501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

So WB released a few new tanks past week! Among which were the all new AIO Peninsula versions - both the 50.3 and the 65.4 now come in a Peninsula version. I love the increase in 'DT' volume when compared to the orginal WB AIO 50.3 and 65.4. However, I highly doubt whether this will provide enough space for equipment. Thoughts? Has anyone considered these new versions of the WB AIO?

1613758194771.png
1613758209927.png

Just curious what you guys think!

Original AIO for reference:

1613758334871.png

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been considering one of these for my next build. I definitely think you could still get the basic equipment in there such as a heater an skimmer. Probably wouldn’t be able to get a reactor in there but tough to say without seeing it. I like the idea of being limited with the equipment that you can include because it keeps things simple

OP
OP
A

AJJ0501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree - as a new reefer, I don't know how much space is the absolute minimum. I would like to include at least 2 filter socks (included in the peninsula version - 4 filter sock spaces in the regular AIO 65.4). It seems as if the regular 65.4 has like double the room for equipment.

My best guess is that you need AT LEAST a heater and a skimmer in the back chambers. And of course (in my opinion) two return pumps. I would really love to see someone get the peninsula 65.4 version and start a build thread here.

OP
OP
A

AJJ0501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone bought the WB AIO Peninsula yet? And would like to elaborate on the back chamber space? :)

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the original 65.4 AIO. Looking at the peninsular spec, you are indeed very limited in space. You could create a custom media chamber for the filter sock chamber. You can have filter pad/floss + media in this chamber. The second chamber can fit a skimmer like tunze 9004. Heater will have to go in the return chamber.

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had successful tanks using a heater a power head and an aquaclear hang on filter.
there is definitely room for a skimmer in there and biomedia and you could always run a dose and ato from underneath the stand.
I ordered the marine x 60.2 but I have been waiting about 3 months for it to even ship now so I’d say the only issue would be receiving the tank lol.

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it a lot but wish waterbox didn't put in the weird small filter socks. super space inefficient and I think most people don't want to bother with them anyways.

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it a lot but wish waterbox didn't put in the weird small filter socks. super space inefficient and I think most people don't want to bother with them anyways.
Agreed! That’s the biggest chamber and they’re taken up buy socks. I’m liking the custom filter cups I ordered from Kraken Reef though. They go into sock holder and I just purchased a large roll of filter floss.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back