BRS

jfoahs04

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Depends. It’s a no from me on my EVO 13.5. I do weekly 15-20% water changes and keep LPS and softies. If I was going to take a serious crack at SPS, I’d get one. It’s possible to grow SPS in a nano without a skimmer, but you’d be stacking the deck against yourself. Just to small a margin of error with sensitive coral and not all that much water volume in the system.

Lazy's Coral House

Revnobody

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’m not a fan of using skimmers on nano tanks. Most are terrible at skimming. IMO they are a waste of money. I’m currently dosing No3/Po4 to keep my nutrients up.
^^^^ I agree^^^^. In my experience, I find that nano skimmers aren't all that effective. Although to be fair, I haven't used any of the nano skimmers produced in the last 8 years or so. :p

blaxsun

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've heard good things about the Tunze skimmers, but stay away (run don't walk!) from any Innovative Marine protein skimmers. The collection cup has probably the worst design imaginable (leaks around, over and through the top) and the pumps will (no exaggeration here) break and stop working every 2-3 months. The fact that IM is constantly out of these pumps for warranty speaks volumes...

Lazy's Coral House
BRS

Do you keep "Reef Safe with Caution" fish?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 295 62.0%
  • NO

Votes: 166 34.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.2%
RC