Thoughts on Ruby Reef products - particularly the HydroPlex dip?

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Starting up a QT and while I have Copper Power and Prazi on hand, I ran across Ruby Reef and am thinking about using their HydroPlex as a dip prior to adding fish to quarantine. Has anyone used this and if so, did you find it worthwhile? A couple of the claims:

"A Broad-Spectrum Treatment for Freshwater and Marine Fish to treat External Parasites, Dinoflagellates, Marine Velvet, Gill Flukes, Clownfish Disease, Bacterial Infections, Tail & Fin Rot, and Stops Secondary Infections. Specialty formulated for Small/Nano Aquariums."

"Safe for all fish (including scaleless), plants, corals and invertebrates. WILL NOT AFFECT BIOFILTRATION. Safe when used together, but not recommended for use with other treatments, chemicals or drugs."
https://rubyreef.com/products/nano-8-bundle?variant=32144526508066

Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have high confidence in their products and most are reef safe

OP
OP
Sink_or_Swim

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have high confidence in their products and most are reef safe
Thanks, I think I'll order their small tank bundle (seems dosing instructions for that version would be easier to use since I have a 32.5 gallon tank). I like the idea of having reef safe products on hand!

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used hydroplex before but I have used kick ick, would not recommend for ich, copper imo is best. Rally I have mixed results in tank but it has been recommended for baths as it has formalin.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Starting up a QT and while I have Copper Power and Prazi on hand, I ran across Ruby Reef and am thinking about using their HydroPlex as a dip prior to adding fish to quarantine. Has anyone used this and if so, did you find it worthwhile? A couple of the claims:

"A Broad-Spectrum Treatment for Freshwater and Marine Fish to treat External Parasites, Dinoflagellates, Marine Velvet, Gill Flukes, Clownfish Disease, Bacterial Infections, Tail & Fin Rot, and Stops Secondary Infections. Specialty formulated for Small/Nano Aquariums."

"Safe for all fish (including scaleless), plants, corals and invertebrates. WILL NOT AFFECT BIOFILTRATION. Safe when used together, but not recommended for use with other treatments, chemicals or drugs."
https://rubyreef.com/products/nano-8-bundle?variant=32144526508066

Thanks!
I use Hydroplex in lieu of quarantine tank. It has been very effective in keeping my display pest free with healthy fish. I highly recommend it.

OP
OP
Sink_or_Swim

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with brook and flukes. The 10 minute dip has knocked off the bugs and enabled my fish to in survive further hospital treatment. I lost two fish before I knew about Hydroplex.
Do you think I should use an air stone if using it in the bag before adding them to QT?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Hydroplex in lieu of quarantine tank. It has been very effective in keeping my display pest free with healthy fish. I highly recommend it.
Do you mean you use it as a dip before adding the fish to your DT or you use it in your DT?

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean you use it as a dip before adding the fish to your DT or you use it in your DT?
I use it as a dip prior to adding to my display tank. I follow the directions on the bottle to make a dip. Sorry if that was not clear before.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it as a dip prior to adding to my display tank. I follow the directions on the bottle to make a dip. Sorry if that was not clear before.
And you not QT them? Or you QT them and at the end dip them!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back