Thoughts on Tomini Tang blotches

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am looking for help to ID what may be on my Tomini tangs skin. Here is a video that shows the fish and its skin. I appreciate the help. I am currently ramping up copper in QT (0.72ppm Copper Power) He is eating great and looks otherwise healthy.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Firstky, one of the clearer videos ive seen posted.
Good to see very active. Marks seem to be scrapes and scratches im assuming from piping. Some blotches look bacterial which I would utilize seachem neoplex for treatment.

OP
OP
rwreef

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstky, one of the clearer videos ive seen posted.
Good to see very active. Marks seem to be scrapes and scratches im assuming from piping. Some blotches look bacterial which I would utilize seachem neoplex for treatment.
Thanks! Before I got him he was in a small crowded tank with rocks and fish. I will look into the neoplex treatment option.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Before I got him he was in a small crowded tank with rocks and fish. I will look into the neoplex treatment option.
Could be scratches, but those could be from scratching due to flukes.
Don’t take too long getting the copper power to full dose, and you might consider dosing with prazipro, 2x, 9 das apart.
Jay

OP
OP
rwreef

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be scratches, but those could be from scratching due to flukes.
Don’t take too long getting the copper power to full dose, and you might consider dosing with prazipro, 2x, 9 das apart.
Jay
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if I should ramp up copper faster.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That almost looks like bite marks to me. Some older, some newer. I had a blenny that would bite my foxface and the marks looked very similar to these.

OP
OP
rwreef

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That almost looks like bite marks to me. Some older, some newer. I had a blenny that would bite my foxface and the marks looked very similar to
Possibly, I am going to continue copper treatment and observe. If copper and time doesn't have an impact I will proceed with a treatment for bacterial infections etc. Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
rwreef

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Tomini successfully completed QT and made it into the main DT. Happy to see this big fella swimming in the big tank. Beautiful fish. Thanks for the support!

20220806_213554.jpg 20220808_190321.jpg

Back