Thoughts on Waterbox Blueprints components

Reefrats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m now considering the waterbox 100.3. I was looking at the components specified by the waterbox blueprints. Are those good components or am I better off doing more research and specifying my own? I plan to keep SPS corals. Thanks!

robnpg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their recommendations are very brand specific and they don’t give you details. For example, the Vectra pumps they recommend are not Apex compatible. The NYos skimmer will need a stand, etc etc. I would use those recommendations as a starting point and see what comparable stores up may prefer.

OP
OP
Reefrats

Reefrats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their recommendations are very brand specific and they don’t give you details. For example, the Vectra pumps they recommend are not Apex compatible. The NYos skimmer will need a stand, etc etc. I would use those recommendations as a starting point and see what comparable stores up may prefer.
Thank you!

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, I've been curious also. Not necessarily brand but the sizes that are recommended for each size tank. Example being that the recommended return flow for their 180.5 is 2000gph, but yet they recommend a vectra that is only rated for 2000gph, no consideration for head height or loss due to plumbing. And they also recommended the nyos 160, which I believe would be slightly undersized for a well stocked tank. But then again, undersized it's probably better that oversized. Dunno.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Personally i think your better off spending the time researching each component and making an informed decision. bulkreefsupply has a youtube page with tons of reviews and talks on equipment. Id take the time and watch some videos...

Back