Ticket support service - What is the current situation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've made a couple of tickets over a year for EcoTech Marine and Aqua Illumination but out of the maybe 6 messages I only receive 1 reply over a year.

I need some help with some of the product that I bought: Radion G5 Pro and Blue with Crack Cover and the HEI also (sent directly an email)

I bought the Versa and I'm really disappointed by it, not sure if it's just the pump made like this or there's a real problem:

Noisy, unreliable not precise at all, and missing some features for example I want to dose every week only, right now can only do daily.

I had issue with the Nero 5 pump but one of the distributors replied and offer a refund since it was taking too much time to replace it.

I find my Prime 16HD noisy also but I think it just made like this (when you use it around 80%)

So yeah, almost all the products I bought had problems which are very unfortunate, a part of me would believe I've been ban from you but I know its just paranoia (since I do YouTube/IG). I don't know if the fact I live in Canada gives you some problems?

I don't know what to do anymore, so I'm reaching over here to see if any employee sees this message.
Thank you

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad I hope they can fix your problem. As of right now I'm working on a new build and would love to see that they resolved this as service would be one of the deterrents from me getting one of their products. I think Ecotech being lne of the biggest brands in our Hobby I think they will fix it. It must be due to covid-19. Good luck @Aqua Splendor

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've made a couple of tickets over a year for EcoTech Marine and Aqua Illumination but out of the maybe 6 messages I only receive 1 reply over a year.

I need some help with some of the product that I bought: Radion G5 Pro and Blue with Crack Cover and the HEI also (sent directly an email)

I bought the Versa and I'm really disappointed by it, not sure if it's just the pump made like this or there's a real problem:

Noisy, unreliable not precise at all, and missing some features for example I want to dose every week only, right now can only do daily.

I had issue with the Nero 5 pump but one of the distributors replied and offer a refund since it was taking too much time to replace it.

I find my Prime 16HD noisy also but I think it just made like this (when you use it around 80%)

So yeah, almost all the products I bought had problems which are very unfortunate, a part of me would believe I've been ban from you but I know its just paranoia (since I do YouTube/IG). I don't know if the fact I live in Canada gives you some problems?

I don't know what to do anymore, so I'm reaching over here to see if any employee sees this message.
Thank you

I find the xomplete opposite with service. Whether I contact Ecotech directly or go through my vendor. I have even used different contact information so the do not know it is me.

I have used the Versa and the only ti.e it was noisy was at max speeds. It was silent for any other usage. I suggest you go through your retailer to get a replacement.

The cracked covers on G5 are remedied quite quickly with a replacement part you install. Shouldn't have been an issue either. It is odd that they are taking so long, especially if you contacted ecotech directly. If you are going through the Ontario distributer, then I highly suggest you talk to Ecotech directly. Some of our distributors have been lacking lately. Primarily due to the COVID delays and the fact Ecotech can't even keep up to the US let alone the rest of the world right now due to those delays.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, @Torx for the answer.
Since I do YT/IG (as you know ;) ) I make some review but I want to remain neutral, I try to not get advantage/disadvantage to get the real "user experience", I know some are sponsored, and all this stuff but I want the best for the viewer and our community, therefore, I try to not go through shortcut with contact when possible.

I made some comments, negative and positive about some of their stuff, telling the things as they are, so I know from a marketing point of view they won't be happy and this is where my paranoia gets in with a "ban".

I've been ignored a couple of time with them in different situation (trying to help them), so yeah ... its a bit of a bummer =/

Because of Covid-19 this is why I put the title "what is the current situation"

It's a little bit hard to make this post for me, but I always been open, trying to not hide anything

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant speak to anything specific regarding Ecotech’s current situation however I recently replied to a ticket I had originally opened with them on my Nyos skimmer back in January. Replied to the ticket email I expected had been closed months ago yet they responded in less than 24 hours. This was maybe a month ago. I replaced the skimmer pump about 2 weeks ago so my contact with them was no more than 4 or 5 weeks back.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really like the online chat system. Just go to the support page, wait a second and then a button pops up in the lower right corner. If it is during business hours, you can click the option to talk to them right away. Type in your message, then it says "Queue position:XX" Then you will be connected to a support person and can ask your questions. If it is a pre-existing issue, just have your ticket number and give that. Works really well!

1599320959247.png

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh, I kept looking on the bottom of my screen but I couldn't see it.

I have an Ultra wide screen hahaha lol omg, I just realize it now, the button was there all the time.

I will give a try for sure!! thank you, awesome suggestion, this will be more direct I'm sure it will help!

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I chatted with their live support and here a resume:

- They couldn't find any trace of all the ticket support... I also sent, Suggestion and Feedback with mobius, none of them are accesible/visible since, I assume, they deleted once the bug or suggestion has been resolve/seen and neither their direct email support for the cover crack on radion G5 have been seen in their history. So no wonder why they didn't reply... I have absolutely no idea why all my messages were deleted or not receive but that was the situation (That doesn't help my paranoia lol...)

- Chat with Tim was supportive, I ask direct question, he answered with his best ability. I did have some little issue the next day with another representative, "XXX has left the chat" (whhyyyyy) then the other person was more of a copy/paste of the procedure but helped to clarify some grey zone.

- It seems that Ecotech support outside from the USA need to be done with their distributor for each country. So @Torx you were right to contact our distributor, I didn't want to "cheat" but that is the way to go.

- I had to go back and forth with communication between support from Ecotech and our distributor but that was mostly due to one big factor:

- Ecotech Marine haven't ship much ( by much I mean nothing) for parts and units, which make this whole support service useless at the end. Which is frustrating for me as a customer to pay a full premium price Ecotech Marine product. If I pay more, I expect freaking good customer service. But Covid-19 Doesn't help...

- Have been proposed to send the Versa back to them but it doesn't make any sense at all to pay the shipping for US, its nearly 50% of the pump price. And there will be no guarantee the pump they send me will work correctly, nothing taking a change. So I need to wait from Ecotech Marine to ship their stuff in Canada.
____
Meanwhile, I retested the pump again, recalibrate it for the XX times, and seems to work right not, I have the right amount, so I'm please with that, I don't know if the pump will be reliable but, will take that.
Unfortunately, I notice Condensation inside of the tubing part (exterior side of the box), between a black seal and the connector junction I guess(?) So that worry me a lot in the long terms!
____

So the result is:
I can't get my stuff repair/exchange at this moment, it has been like this for 2 months so far, but I'm a reefer... I guess I'm patient lol...

The positive side is: we made contact, communication is the key.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you have a new or old Versa? There were 2 big fixes (that I am aware of):
  • Leaking from the tubing connections --> They added a second o-ring to each side of the assembly (reference)
  • tubing coming off of the rollers --> They added a plastic ring between the rollers and the front panel (reference)

A few other tips:
  • Calibrate at a similar rate to your actual dosing
  • Place the pump close to the reservoir. This style of pump is designed for pushing liquid not pulling.
  • Use "RODI" style tubing (harder tubing, not the softer stuff).
  • For tubing, use a sharp razor blade or a tubing cutting tool so the end it perfectly flat and the tubing is not crushed.
  • It is noisy at very fast rates. Spread the dose out over a longer period of time and it won't be as loud.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 Feb 2020 manufacture.
It's not that type of leaking, it's another one.

I don't want to use RODI tubing but air tubing with the end tip they provided in the package, those part work no problem here. (I tested both tubing, made no difference)

Its just the way its design perhaps. I wish I was living in the USA for this kind of things, would've been easier

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been more than 3 months now and we still haven't receive any new part :(
Somehow the calibration now started to work properly, so that is a good thing.

But I need part replacements for the pump versa and G5 Pr and Blue crack, my LFS are also desperate and are switching to other company because of the service support, It is very unfortunate :(

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been more than 3 months now and we still haven't receive any new part :(
Somehow the calibration now started to work properly, so that is a good thing.

But I need part replacements for the pump versa and G5 Pr and Blue crack, my LFS are also desperate and are switching to other company because of the service support, It is very unfortunate :(

Thanks for following up and it's very unusual that you would have an issue getting ahold of our service department. I would recommend emailing me directly for immediate assistance. [email protected] with the title Attn: Alex

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Update)
Things have changed really fast today, my distributor received parts to replace the crack on the Radion G5 Pro & blue, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore, he is going to send me the parts, good news.

For the Versa that another things, so I sent an email about that, will see how it goes, will keep up to date.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so big update time!

I talk with Alex and Jay and I explain the full situation and experience that I got in the last couple of years with Eco and AI.
I probably got unlucky with some products and they understood. I give them a little bit of my feedback to improve certain products. Having feedback as a Creator is crucial so I hope it helps them.

They ask me which part I need/replace and they send me a box with all the stuff I needed, I told them it wasn't necessary to send the back cover for Radion G5 since my distributor will do it.

20201028_135850.jpg

20201028_140010.jpg

My distributors received some units/parts and sent me back cover for the crack today, lucky has am I, one of them got bent by the postal service (Canada Post) agnn, of course, lol
20201028_140104(1).jpg

It was the last 2 one my distributor had, so that is very unfortunate.

20201028_140111.jpg

I noticed they change their magnet and screw with Washer(?), interesting, love to see when a company make small adjustments!
20201028_140147.jpg

They sent me also the Nero 3 since I had to return my Nero 5 a long time ago, that was a very nice surprise by them!

I haven't opened the boxes yet, when I will have time I will test them, but the stuff is here and my projects can continue!

Their's one particular point I would like to mention that might help others:

- When you buy their product and you are one of the first few waves of a new product launch and you notice something wrong, don't hesitate to contact EcoTech Marine, they take special care of those clients since they might have to do some adjustment on a new launch and 2020 was a big year for them.

They do care about users experience, it's something really important for them and I can tell!

Some information that might help EcoTech:
When I talked with my distributor, I wanted to know if he got any information about Duty/fees for Canadian Border, because I was told by EcoTech Service support that I will need to pay for those duties, which I totally agreed giving the context.

My distributor told me if you don't use FedEx you won't have to pay any fees, I know EcoTech were also confused about fees, and I can ... understand now. I receive a call from FedEx telling me I might have to pay something blablabla, fine whatever, when I receive the box from the guy,... nothing, just gave me the box and that it... so I'm now also confused.

But apparently, if you use other postal services like USPS to send stuff to Canada you won't have to pay anything.
So I'm sharing this info and experience, hoping it helps?

Now nothing has to do with this post, but I just received the news after receiving the Radion G5 back cover that I will get fired from my job since our gvt is ending one of their program for the Covid. Sucks, too soon for me for my YouTube arrgg. But making this post was on my to-do list so here we go lol.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back