Tideline 62g lagoon

BJrReef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking to get one but can’t find the specs on the rear filtration compartment size. Not sure why they wouldn’t include this info in the specs. Want to know what I can/ can’t fit in it. Anyone have this tank or know where I might be able to find this info?

OP
OP
B

BJrReef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well right after I started this thread Planet Aquariums responded to my email from the other day. With this diagram. Noting that their tanks are hand made and the dimensions can vary slightly. Hope this helps someone else.
1643647825716.png

OP
OP
B

BJrReef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked one of these up today. Looks to be pretty good. I paid 599 for it.
Nice. Would you mind checking the front to back dimension of the rear chamber? On the diagram PA sent me shows it to be 3-1/2” clear is that correct? Trying to see what skimmer I can fit in it. What’s you plan for skimmer?

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Would you mind checking the front to back dimension of the rear chamber? On the diagram PA sent me shows it to be 3-1/2” clear is that correct? Trying to see what skimmer I can fit in it. What’s you plan for skimmer?
It is indeed at 3.5 or just a hair under for clearance in all rear chambers. I am looking at Eheim skim 350 as it appears it should fit. It says its good up to 92 gallons. I am very new to this so my build is going to go extremely slow. I have a ton of learning to do.

Attachments

• ECE5C7EB-C9FA-4BD6-8CB7-96EB117B9F2A.jpeg
    ECE5C7EB-C9FA-4BD6-8CB7-96EB117B9F2A.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 121
  • 5793B5E4-A322-42C9-8CCB-3C45B5773184.jpeg
    5793B5E4-A322-42C9-8CCB-3C45B5773184.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 128

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is indeed at 3.5 or just a hair under for clearance in all rear chambers. I am looking at Eheim skim 350 as it appears it should fit. It says its good up to 92 gallons. I am very new to this so my build is going to go extremely slow. I have a ton of learning to do.
That is a surface skimmer. What you need is a Protien Skimmer, such as this one.

OP
OP
B

BJrReef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a surface skimmer. What you need is a Protien Skimmer, such as this one.
That is probably the only one that will work with this tank. If only they had them available. I also thought of going with a small backpack and having the inlet and outlet piping sitting in one chamber. Anyone ever tried that?

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other filtration would I require. There are two filter socks in the middle chambers. Should anything be placed in these filter socks? Probably a silly question.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question... Are the holes for the 2 returns a standard size? Meaning, if I don't want to run the return spinner things, can I use standard parts to change them out to something else?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is probably the only one that will work with this tank. If only they had them available. I also thought of going with a small backpack and having the inlet and outlet piping sitting in one chamber. Anyone ever tried that?
You can do that but it’s not very visually appealing and it adds the possibility of a leak outside the tank. Both of those kind of go against why you get an AIO tank in the first place.
What other filtration would I require. There are two filter socks in the middle chambers. Should anything be placed in these filter socks? Probably a silly question.
I don’t like socks personally. Since this is a newer tank you won’t have pre-made options for alternatives but I’d look into getting floss holders or filter cups custom 3d printed to replace the socks.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this build? I'm really thinking hard about picking one of these up! :D

Really curious about how much water it actually holds when full of rock and sand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BJrReef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was mainly looking for info on the tank itself not to start a build thread. I will be picking up the tank on Thursday from my lfs and will update once I get it up and running. I will be using it to transfer most of the contents of my old 90 gallon tank.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update...ended up going with the aquamaxx ws1 in sump skimmer. Still too new for ne to give a good review but it does for very well

OP
OP
B

BJrReef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update...ended up going with the aquamaxx ws1 in sump skimmer. Still too new for ne to give a good review but it does for very well
I also have the Aquamaxx and it has been working just fine. Took a little while to break in but has been running good for me. I will note that the cup fills up quick and needs to be cleaned often as it prevents it from doing its job well. Overall I’m happy with the purchase as it was the only one that fits well in the rear chamber. I see Tideline has a new one that is 65g and is 2” deeper. Not sure if it is the rear chamber expanding (would be very helpful) or the display size.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 162 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.1%
Back