Tideline sump and media cups

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if tideline 72 inch sump can use 7 inch media cups?
I asked the company and they gave me a BS answer of they don't know as they have never checked media cups on anything and don't know why anyone would want to use one.

This makes me think they won't fit.
I see warnings they only fit on some trigger systems which I think is who makes tideline.

Fishresponse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the 48” TideLine. It’s made by planet or at least they sell them. The 48” has 7” sock holders so I’d imagine if it can hold a 7” sock then it could hold a 7” media cup.

OP
OP
Aardvark1134

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet sells them but they are made by trigger and trigger on many of their sumps has openings above the filter sock slots that are smaller than the cups are wide which is not an issue for socks as you can turn the rim alittle side ways. Cups aren't super flexy below the rim and because of the small opening before the sock holder in some of the models the cup won't fit through the lid opening. Trying to find out if this includes their tideline series. Every place has the same 4 stock photos which do not show the openings above the sock chamber and the manufactuer doesn't know and claims to not even care and won't check. Best pic I can find.
sump.jpg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back