Tident sevice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I understand the difference between the two send it in options and the price difference. I didn't watch the video though. The $75 one seems reasonable if you are moderately handy. It's not that hard to replace tubing as long as you are careful and don't break any of the tiny plastic connectors. I had an issue with my Alk sample line sucking in air bubbles periodically. The old tubing was no longer sealing properly around the tiny plastic 90 degree fitting that is at the lid to the reagent bottle. I ended up getting some silicone tubing off amazon and it's been working fine since. I also have a tiny leak sometimes at the bottom of the cuvette where the tubing attaches. I think that tubing is due for replacement also and no longer sealing properly around the push in connector.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of a convoluted form that you have to fill out to get the DIY Service Kit. Looks like it's only available through Neptune directly at this time. I'll probably order it just to have all the spare parts on-hand if/when something fails.

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchase the kit and service my trident myself, you have to submit the request with Neptune and if your unit is due for service you will have multiple options.

I chose the self-service option, I took my time and with help of the video Neptune put together everything was smooth for me and I haven't have any issues at all with my unit.

Attachments

• A1CE1141-A17F-4EA4-B2E1-F791A2CE50CD.jpeg
    A1CE1141-A17F-4EA4-B2E1-F791A2CE50CD.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 77

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchase the kit and service my trident myself, you have to submit the request with Neptune and if your unit is due for service you will have multiple options.

I chose the self-service option, I took my time and with help of the video Neptune put together everything was smooth for me and I haven't have any issues at all with my unit.
Finally a picture of what is inside the kit. Thanks for this

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Self service - they send you a kit, you do it
  • Send yours in, receive one back (may not be yours)
  • Advance replacement - you place a deposit, they send you a new one, you send yours back. Comes with 2 month reagent
All in all each option is reasonable. If you are somewhat comfortable in doing things around the house, changing oil on your car, build an ikea furniture kit, then you can do this. My point is that if you can follow instructions via a video, pause it, and do the work, then resume, you can do the Trident self service.

Note: this is an optional service and not mandatory. A few hobbyist have had operating Tridents now well beyond the service window without issue. Having said that I just performed mine and it took maybe 45 minutes at best. Watch the video first, maybe twice, before starting and it goes much quicker. It really is nothing more than taking it off line, disconnecting it from your system, remove cover, tray, bottom plate, frame, and working through replacing a few things then reassembling.

Recommend having a new 2 month reagent box ready. Do not use your current reagents so plan before a replacement to save reagents.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the advance replacement option and it was smooth and no issues. My trident was well over 2 years old and was giving huge drifting variations so I opted for a “new” unit that they had tested to be in spec. They included a sample line filter so I hope that helps delay the maintenance even longer next time.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the advance replacement option and it was smooth and no issues. My trident was well over 2 years old and was giving huge drifting variations so I opted for a “new” unit that they had tested to be in spec. They included a sample line filter so I hope that helps delay the maintenance even longer next time.

The advanced replacement is a good deal to be honest. I recall it included both shipping directions and a 2 month reagent kit. It would have been my first choice but I wanted to go the DIY route the first time. Helped me and possibly other reefers down the line answering basic questions, etc.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the same with no problem

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The advanced replacement is a good deal to be honest. I recall it included both shipping directions and a 2 month reagent kit. It would have been my first choice but I wanted to go the DIY route the first time. Helped me and possibly other reefers down the line answering basic questions, etc.
The included shipping sold me on it honestly but if I wasn’t having so many swings I would have tried the diy for fun.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back