Tiger watchman goby

enviroman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do his eyes look normal? They look cloudy and bulging a little. He is acting fine building his burrows and sifting sand.

e5a112ecd9e5348126ff54a532167ffc.jpg

b2175f9151b8eb2674349e3e44184c67.jpg

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not good. How long have they been this way? Can you catch him for a freshwater dip? Usually when both eyes are like that it's root cause is flukes, which is what you would be checking for with the freshwater dip.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
X3 to humble and Mel, that's not good :(

OP
OP
E

enviroman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 3 clowns and a lyretail anthias this week. The anthias fin was sticking straight out and it looked like a brown spot near the fin. The clowns started acting listless and breathing fast.... Do you think this could be brook? Also, if it's flukes can I use prazi pro in my display tank? I don't have any corals, just the goby, yellow tang and blue damsel with live land and 65 pounds of live rock? I can't catch the fish and the goby went into the rock.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 3 clowns and a lyretail anthias this week. The anthias fin was sticking straight out and it looked like a brown spot near the fin. The clowns started acting listless and breathing fast.... Do you think this could be brook? Also, if it's flukes can I use prazi pro in my display tank? I don't have any corals, just the goby, yellow tang and blue damsel with live land and 65 pounds of live rock? I can't catch the fish and the goby went into the rock.

A brown spot near the fin doesn't sound like brook to me. If you could catch any one of your fish for the dip it would tell you what you need to know. Prazi can be dosed in the tank no problem, but we aren't sure it's flukes you are dealing with just yet.

OP
OP
E

enviroman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught him and followed the directions on the video for the FW dip. I didn't see anything obvious come off of him but I could have missed it. I didn't know what else to do so I put him back in the tank. Any suggestions? Would a does of prazipro be something to try? I picked up a bottle.

OP
OP
E

enviroman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took out my activated carbon and shut off the uv and protein skimmer and dosed the tank as a precaution.

hgaudino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you did a freshwater dip you would of noticed if there were flukes coming of the fish. Do you have any pictures and what are the syptoms

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
E

enviroman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I lost the goby. I thought he was movie around but realized quickly that it was an emerald eating him. Hopefully, he brings him out further so I can retrieve him. I only have a damsel and Yellow tang left in addition to my inverts... Crabs, smalls, peppermint small and starfish. Here is my plan, please let me know if it's reasonable....keep prazi-pro in for another day as a prophylactic, tomorrow do a 30% water change, add carbon to remove prazipro, monitor remaining fish and mix emerald diet with mysis shrimp and obviously don't add anymore fish for a month or so. How does that sound?

hgaudino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I lost the goby. I thought he was movie around but realized quickly that it was an emerald eating him. Hopefully, he brings him out further so I can retrieve him. I only have a damsel and Yellow tang left in addition to my inverts... Crabs, smalls, peppermint small and starfish. Here is my plan, please let me know if it's reasonable....keep prazi-pro in for another day as a prophylactic, tomorrow do a 30% water change, add carbon to remove prazipro, monitor remaining fish and mix emerald diet with mysis shrimp and obviously don't add anymore fish for a month or so. How does that sound?
How long has your tank been set up

hgaudino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Never mind the last question i see your tanks been up 3 months. Obviously something is going on in your tank 3 fish in one week dieing. You gotta read as much as possible and diagnose whats going on. You did a fw dip did you see anything? Did you watch any videos on fw dips and flukes? also i read your other post and see 3 clownfish, y 3? Imo Thats asking for trouble in a 65gallon tank.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my plan, please let me know if it's reasonable....keep prazi-pro in for another day as a prophylactic, tomorrow do a 30% water change, add carbon to remove prazipro, monitor remaining fish and mix emerald diet with mysis shrimp and obviously don't add anymore fish for a month or so. How does that sound?

If no flukes showed up during the dip, then there is no reason to treat with Prazipro. I would just sit tight and watch your other fish closely. Hopefully it was just a gram positive infection which will not affect your other fish.

OP
OP
E

enviroman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind the last question i see your tanks been up 3 months. Obviously something is going on in your tank 3 fish in one week dieing. You gotta read as much as possible and diagnose whats going on. You did a fw dip did you see anything? Did you watch any videos on fw dips and flukes? also i read your other post and see 3 clownfish, y 3? Imo Thats asking for trouble in a 65gallon tank.
I did the dip but I didn't see anything come off of the fish. I followed the video exactly. The fish seemed to handle the dip well enough... The tang and damsel seem fine, I am feeding emerald and mysis shrimp and they are eating very well. They look fine as well. I will continue to keep an eye on them.

I had 2 clowns and they were getting along fine. Then someone come into my LFS and had one he couldn't keep so I took it. Everyone loves clowns right. They had no problems with aggression and they would swim around together in a group.

OP
OP
E

enviroman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If no flukes showed up during the dip, then there is no reason to treat with Prazipro. I would just sit tight and watch your other fish closely. Hopefully it was just a gram positive infection which will not affect your other fish.
I did the prazipro because I was afraid I missed the flukes. So I figured it wouldn't hurt in a FOWLR tank and nothing was adversely effected, including my inverts. So far the other fish look and are eating fine. I'm watching them like a hawk.

hgaudino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the dip but I didn't see anything come off of the fish. I followed the video exactly. The fish seemed to handle the dip well enough... The tang and damsel seem fine, I am feeding emerald and mysis shrimp and they are eating very well. They look fine as well. I will continue to keep an eye on them.

I had 2 clowns and they were getting along fine. Then someone come into my LFS and had one he couldn't keep so I took it. Everyone loves clowns right. They had no problems with aggression and they would swim around together in a group.
Yes i love my clowns just thought 3 would kinda be like 3rd wheel.lol good luck to you and your fish..

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the prazipro because I was afraid I missed the flukes. So I figured it wouldn't hurt in a FOWLR tank and nothing was adversely effected, including my inverts. So far the other fish look and are eating fine. I'm watching them like a hawk.

I would bet on an infection. Wait a bit (probably don't need to wait a whole month) and watch the tang for signs of the same infection.

Back