Time for a new skimmer. Which one to go with?

Murphsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its time for a new skimmer and I am looking for some help. I have been looking at the RO Varios pumps, specifically the Elite 150 INT supercone, or the Aquamaxx ConeSDRC2. Anyone using the aquamaxx DC pumps and how good are they? I'm leaning toward the RO. Is the Elite better than the Regal series?

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its time for a new skimmer and I am looking for some help. I have been looking at the RO Varios pumps, specifically the Elite 150 INT supercone, or the Aquamaxx ConeSDRC2. Anyone using the aquamaxx DC pumps and how good are they? I'm leaning toward the RO. Is the Elite better than the Regal series?
Hi, I just hooked up my aquamax fc 80 and its perfect. No frills or controls but I leveled it to 7 inch. To do that we used 1in PVC couplers and from day one its been perfect. 70 gal. Heavy load, 140 gal. Light load and the size fits under tank sump perfectly.

OP
OP
M

Murphsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just hooked up my aquamax fc 80 and its perfect. No frills or controls but I leveled it to 7 inch. To do that we used 1in PVC couplers and from day one its been perfect. 70 gal. Heavy load, 140 gal. Light load and the size fits under tank sump perfectly.
Thanks. I am more curious in the quality comparison between the Varios DC pump and the Shark DC pump. Anyone have experience with either one?

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been very happy with my Tunze 9410. Set and forget, worked from day one and has never overflowed

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back