Time for Metro?

MondoLunch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I've got a clownfish who has had stringy poop for a week or so, but it's not white. In fact, I switched food to Marine Cuisine (Mysis, Krill, Spirulina) a couple days ago to see if this was an issue with the flakes I was using. Now, I just noticed a super long bright orange poop hanging off him. Can i safely start soaking food in Metro with Focus at this point? Is there any risk to the other fish (Clown and Royal Gramma) by doing this?

20221201_192442.jpg 20221201_192735.jpg 20221201_192900_001.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro needs to be dosed at 5000 ppm which should be 0.5% by weight in food, so you’ll need a gram scale. To low of a dose and it won’t help to high and it will be too bitter and the fish won’t eat it.
Personally, I don’t see an issue with colored stringy poop, just if it’s clear or white.
Jay

OP
OP
MondoLunch

MondoLunch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro needs to be dosed at 5000 ppm which should be 0.5% by weight in food, so you’ll need a gram scale. To low of a dose and it won’t help to high and it will be too bitter and the fish won’t eat it.
Personally, I don’t see an issue with colored stringy poop, just if it’s clear or white.
Jay
Thanks for the feedback Jay! I've noticed the poop sometimes is multicolored with some white in it. It's that something of concern?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback Jay! I've noticed the poop sometimes is multicolored with some white in it. It's that something of concern?
The white is what I worry about - it can be mucus, protozoans or bacteria. Metro helps reduce excess protozoans in the gut.
Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back