time to change out T5s , what bulbs would you choose?

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is a 225 gallon 60" x 36" x 24": high... 2 x 250w metal halide , 1 x ecotech radion gen 5 pro and 4x 80w T5s... this reef will be focused on all acropora and nothing else.. what T5 bulbs would you choose? PS- mods, if this belongs in the SPS forum can you please move it their? best regards, D.

reef09242021.jpg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would I choose? Some combo of Blue+ and Coral+, probably 2 of each.

Really though, any quality bulbs from ATI or Giesemann (they're not as popular as they should be) would work well. You're just choosing the color. It would depend on what bulbs you have in the MH too. If you are running 10K MH bulbs, then I might go with 4 Blue+ or 4 Giesemann Actinic Blue. If running 20K, then I would go heavier on the Coral+.

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would I choose? Some combo of Blue+ and Coral+, probably 2 of each.

Really though, any quality bulbs from ATI or Giesemann (they're not as popular as they should be) would work well. You're just choosing the color. It would depend on what bulbs you have in the MH too. If you are running 10K MH bulbs, then I might go with 4 Blue+ or 4 Giesemann Actinic Blue. If running 20K, then I would go heavier on the Coral+.
thanks, i am running 14k DE halides currently.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquablue special and purple + , i do not like them.
The aquablue is an ugly bulb. I don't like the purple + either, although it has its place. If you have a big fixture with lots of Blue+, the P+ can balance out the 'green' of the B+.

You'll like Coral+ way more than ABS. You might buy 2 C+ and 3 B+, that way you can experiment a bit, and the bulbs will get used eventually anyway.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back