Time to change T-5 bulbs and want a more blue look

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know it’s a money making thing, but I am surprised someone hasn’t come up with a t5 led replacement. I’m sure they can get more par and they will last a lot longer. If I can get t5 led’s for my kitchen, they can make t5 led bulbs with the correct spectrum leds for retrofitting aquariums!
There was a T5 bulb led bulb. Haven't seen it around for a while.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a T5 bulb led bulb. Haven't seen it around for a while.
I would say it’s a million dollar idea but since it’s pretty much a sell one and done (or however a fixture holds) but I almost bet you could sell out to ati since you would be hurting their business!

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following because I’m in a similar boat.
I have 2X blue plus, a coral plus, and purple plus, and it’s time for new bulbs.

I think I just want to swap out the purple plus, it looks too purple. The “problem” is that the corals, that get the bulk of their lighting from that bulb (shaded from other bulbs - like this stylo at the bottom) are the happiest corals in the tank.

EF35C84D-17EF-4A71-97E4-DC008DF0345E.jpeg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know it’s a money making thing, but I am surprised someone hasn’t come up with a t5 led replacement. I’m sure they can get more par and they will last a lot longer. If I can get t5 led’s for my kitchen, they can make t5 led bulbs with the correct spectrum leds for retrofitting aquariums!

Multiple companies tried and failed. Sagging issues. Not working with a lot of ballasts. Failures early in their life. Etc.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ran a 4 bulb fixture over my 80G cube, I ran 2 blue+, 1 purple+, and 1 true actinic. I also ran 2 reefbrite blue LEDs(not the XHO's) on either side. Added very little par, but gave that great blue LED pop to the corals.

Both bars together only added about 100 par, not much at all in the grand scheme of lighting. Just did not like the look of the fixture with the LED strips hanging off of it.

Still love my T5's, but run an 8 bulb powermodule hybrid now, which is a PAR monster! No need for the led bars, which make a nice sleeker look to the fixture.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back