Time to post my long journey trying to be a reefer

wdwilson9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after awhile I decided to add some more rock I started with this cave like structure but it felt a little unsafe so I move them and made a cave In the corner that my cleaner shrimp had chosen to be his
IMG_7064.jpeg
IMG_7071.jpeg
Tank looking good!

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I am sorry about your clown, but that Goby looks fantastic! It makes me want one.
thanks Yeah losing the clown did stink but yeah that goby is by far my favorite fish in the tank he just chills on rock and it just looks like he is staring into living room super chill fish with loads of personality

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
A quick easy little diy wanted the rock to sit about the sand a little for my watchman goby to make a home but turns out my wrasse likes to dig under it and go to the other side like a little cave
IMG_6888.jpeg

IMG_6892.jpeg

Chopped the plastic down to about an inch
In the tank
IMG_7212.jpeg

crannon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude awesome build. I started kinda the same, didn't fully understand what I was getting into. I really want to fill out my tank with more coral like yours. Unfortunately I don't have a LFS to shop at or local reefers (that I know of). At this point how much would you say you've invested in corals?

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Dude awesome build. I started kinda the same, didn't fully understand what I was getting into. I really want to fill out my tank with more coral like yours. Unfortunately I don't have a LFS to shop at or local reefers (that I know of). At this point how much would you say you've invested in corals?
Thanks :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: yeah it was tuff but this page really helped me a lot and tons of research and strolling in this forum I’m very lucky to be surrounded by local reefers and surround by pretty decent stores with great options of fish and coral. I probably have about 300 in coral I spent on but I have more coral given to me then actually spent by local reefers. What area are you from? Have you checked this forum for local clubs?

crannon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In TX. Closest LFS is 2 hour drive away (one way). I can't make it over there super often. I checked for local clubs but there's not really anything. There's some people on facebook but they're not super active. I did message one guy who has some frags, but I didn't recognise the names. Mainly looking for zoas, mushrooms, toadstool, maybe some easy LPS.

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
In TX. Closest LFS is 2 hour drive away (one way). I can't make it over there super often. I checked for local clubs but there's not really anything. There's some people on facebook but they're not super active. I did message one guy who has some frags, but I didn't recognise the names. Mainly looking for zoas, mushrooms, toadstool, maybe some easy LPS.
Ahh i see tx is huge what part? Maybe try posting in the wtb section on this forum and just say where your from

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick easy little diy wanted the rock to sit about the sand a little for my watchman goby to make a home but turns out my wrasse likes to dig under it and go to the other side like a little cave
IMG_6888.jpeg

IMG_6892.jpeg

Chopped the plastic down to about an inch
In the tank
IMG_7212.jpeg
That's a cool idea! I like that! :star-struck:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back