OP
Big Smelly fish

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are awesome. I've contemplated them once but from what I've read they need lower temps than I could provide. What do you do with all of them once they are grown?
Sell them, I also have them in a local store and they sell them.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I miss my seahorses! Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
Big Smelly fish

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my mating pairs in a regular tank. Hong on back filter and shimmer. They alway seem to have them early morning, at least the
DFBD460F-8345-4776-894F-276172EB3951.jpeg
4AB12B9D-3B68-4885-94BE-68DA9176C6D1.jpeg
erectus do.reidi were different and it was in early evening it seemed. I stated by siphoning the fry out. Now I just net.
The tanks are like in photos. They will be in the bowl inside another tank. I drilled the bowls and placed screen so water can escape. The water is fed into the bowl by aqua lifters. Creates a rotating motion . It’s simple and harder to explain here. They will stay in this set up to treat formalin on days 1-3 and five. Then moved to 20 gallon long. Then to tubs

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome sir its nice to be back and get a little real life breathing room. Wife is going to love this thread! Scared to show her when she gets back lol

HawaiiTime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all.

I figured I would share a video of my seahorse fry. I have kept seahorses since my early days of reef keeping and had them in my first reef. They always amaze me .
I’m no expert when it comes to them and in early 2000’s I started raising H reidi , they where a lot of work. I was younger then and did mine all the work. So last year I decided to start breeding erectus. Easier then the reidi. The first back was from a young male and where supper small. I lost them to bacteria. These in the video were larger and did much better. I raise then in my bowl set up for approx 1 week then move to 20 gallon long tank for a few weeks. Then I moved them in to a set up made with muck tubs and a sump with live rock. The tubs stsy super clean and easy to do water changes. These are nearing five weeks. I did lose a few early on but have over fifty now With a younger batch of about 80 to a hundred in the 20 long ready to move to a tub. Like I said I’m no expert and know at any point something can happen and I could lose them. Hopefully not.

I’m not having any luck uploading videos, sorry

Do you sell any of your babies?

HawaiiTime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed your message . I do sell them , but shipping is limited depending on location because of all the issues with Ups and fedx
I am located in Washington State. Coastal side.
I am loving the look of your spiky seahorses. I would be interested to know about how much you would sell them for? When do you expect to have a few juveniles (unsexed) available? I currently have two males and one sub adult female to keep them company.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back