Time to spin up Turbo Algae Scrubber production!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be increasing my level of Algae Scrubber production significantly over the next couple weeks. Now is the time to get in line if you've been on the fence about getting one of my scrubbers!

This is due to a bit of an unfortunate circumstance related to my day job. Or, it could turn out to be just the kick in the behind that was needed.

Whichever way to look at it, one thing is for certain....it's....

SCRUBBER BUILDIN' TIME!

That's my new logo...I'll be rolling out my new website towards the end of this month as I ramp up production. Right now, it's the same old super ugly Zoho webjunksite, pretty outdated...but most of the info is still relevant. But the new one is going to knock the socks off of it.

I've continued to brainstorm ways to improve my Algae Scrubbers. Most of these have been refinements in my manufacturing process to make them quicker to build, some have been to improve ease of use and reliability.

Some of the improvements I've made since I first rolled out the Rev 4 are:
  • Improved lid design for larger units
  • Revised False Bottom (injection molded vs Extruded)
  • Revised Base for larger units
  • Changed power connectors from "automotive weatherpacks" to sealed connectors
  • Longer power cables for larger units
  • Power cable extensions available
  • Improvements to Driver Board components
  • Improved 3D printed potentiometer holder
  • Revised End Cover Plates for L2 and L4 units
  • Revised Drain Control Valve
  • Improved L4/8/16 Slot Pipe design
Some of the things that I have in the works are:
  • Injection molded version of my Drain Control Valve
  • Revised design of the L4, L8 and L16 Growth Chambers (simpler design, faster assembly)
  • Improvement to the general design concept of the Slot Pipe, Screen, and water distribution assembly (this one will be a major improvement)
...and of course, I'm always looking forward!

I will be accepting payments immediately for anyone who wants a scrubber, just submit a Support Ticket by going here and following the instructions:

https://www.turbosaquatics.com/ordering.html

My current build time is running a little over 3 weeks from payment. So to err on the side of caution, I'm going to guarantee shipment of L2 and L4 units within 1 month of payment, or shipping is FREE!!!!

* for international shipments, discounted according to the in-US shipping rates

For unit prices and shipping rates, see this page:

https://support.turbosaquatics.com/portal/kb/articles/rev-4-turbo-algae-scrubber-availability

Regarding availability of L8 and L16 units: please contact me for info

I'm going to hold this 1-month guarantee window open as long as I possibly can. If I end up with a backlog that might prevent me from meeting it, I'll post as such here.

If you've been on the fence about getting one of my Algae Scrubbers, it's jump time!

Thanks for your consideration!
Bud

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will not regret your purchase. I have an L4 rev 4 on my 187 and it's doing great. Bud is really helpful with everything getting things going and troubleshooting any problems. Other than 10 gallons to siphon my sand bed and clean out garbage from my sump, I haven't had to do any major water changes on this system since it was built in July 2017.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bud, where can i find info on L4 new slot pipe design, would this be something I would be interested in updating to, I have the squared slot pipe

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy %$#%$# @Black Pearl I totally missed your post above, my bad!! I spent most of the last month getting moved and transitioning things at work...sending you an email now!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have talked before about doing a scrubber on my SCA 150 system. I am currently almost ready to order one of Synergys CL44 RED Mercury color sumps and i saw that they Synergy will build a small little bracket for the scrubber to sit on top of the sump for...
Whats price and delivery looking like for one of your scrubbers that will fit a 150 plus, I will most likely will be running one of Ricks CL-44 sumps and I wanted to know the model you would recommend for my 150? This tank is going to be a more SPS dominate type tank that will be medium stoked with mostly tangs and clowns and some other reef safe fish./

ReefReady9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to order a replacement part for an L2. Floyd, can you help a brother out?
a9484248bbd031f618a57e0c8dd30c90.jpg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on below! I am reconfiguring my sump and now need to switch the pump to the other side for my L2. Please let me know how much and when it can be shipped.
Thanks

I'd like to order a replacement part for an L2. Floyd, can you help a brother out?
a9484248bbd031f618a57e0c8dd30c90.jpg

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a SCA 120 and was wondering what size scrubber yotreco

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually less because I'm moving production out of my house. My work/job/business situation has been riding a roller coaster for the last 6 months...long story

Open up a ticket and I'll fill you in. Right now I'm shooting for filling all orders before Christmas, but I'm already pushing the edge of that window

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back