Tinkering with Salt Water Reef Tank

Braveheart!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tank is only six months old. So it is going thru a lot of changes. I'm also adding fish (now done) and Coral a few times a month. (I'm planning on slowing down on the coral and just watch it grow). I'm learning something new every day and have run into some issues. My question is should I be tinkering with my tank daily, every few days, or only a few time a week. FYI part of my tinkering and testing is learning about the tank and how fast or slow things change. thanks

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If by tinkering you mean changing things you should not tinker with your tank every day let alone every week. Every change you make the coral needs to adapt to it and get used to it. When you change something wait it out and see how everything reacts before you go on and change that or something else.

And as for testing, I dont test everyday, depending on what paramter every few days or every week or other week.

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I visionally inspect tank everyday when home and enjoy it check temperature make sure nothings off do a weekly water change up right snails etc. I only mess with lights and flow once in a great while. Buy coral every couple months or CUC. Not saying this should be the way just giving you an example.

Ben's Pico Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find dealing with small takes what ever you do, be consistent. Even if its inconsistency, be consistent with inconsistency. Lol. But something you shouldnt tinker with.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back