Tiny mushroom didn't stay on Frag how to mount?

rpkneumann

Texas Reefer since 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a tiny green mushroom on a frag. after one hour it decided to drop from the frag and has been resisting any glue attempts.
It stays glues for an hour then comes loose and floats in the tank.

Any instructions on how i get this mushroom settled?

IMG_8750.jpeg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a tiny green mushroom on a frag. after one hour it decided to drop from the frag and has been resisting any glue attempts.

IMG_8750.jpeg
Yeah any direct gluing of the shroom back onto rock will not work they secrete slime and easily remove themselves.
Get a small tupperware or cup and put some rubble in the bottom of it. Place shroom on rubble in low flow, low light area of tank. Leave alone let it acclimate to your tank for a cpl weeks and it will re attach itself to rubble.
After that glue rubble to plug.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_8750.jpeg
Sometimes they reject glue and stuff so I’ve heard that you can rubber band them to a rock and they’ll stick. A low flow let them attach to a rock on their own is the best way but that can take time. All in all about 2 weeks and it should be good

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way I have found to deal with new shrooms is to use the small container with rubble rock method. Let the shroom choose which piece of rock it wants to settle on then take that small piece of rock and glue it where you want it. Mushrooms will move on you no matter where you put them. However, they move extremely slowly. If you don't want to go that route, you can always use a loose rubber band. Just be sure if you use the rubber band you don't make it too tight as it can cut the shroom in half. If you don't have a small Tupperware container you could always buy an acrylic shroom box.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thanks for the tips.
I'll try the "rubble in container" - using the small measuring cup its in right now.
Should do you perfectly good. Remember low flow low light and don't disturb for a cpl weeks.
After that wait a cpl more and glue her to plug or rock when she has a good foot hold.
Patience is key word here.

krash7172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rubble in cup method works. I have loads of shrooms. I keep a bit of rubble in my sump ready to go. I like to use the crystal clear plastic punch glasses. They are nearly invisible underwater and you can view the shroom from the front of your tank.

Back