Tiny Nudibranch that Floresces RED under Blue Lights?

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do Zoanthid Eating Nudibranchs flouresce a bright red color on their “hairs” on their backs? I wish I could get a picture of this guy but he’s tiny and I don’t have my orange filter, so the lights drown him out.
I know I have/have had Zoa Eating Nudis in this tank but usually they just looked brown to me.

OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do zoa eating nudibranchs take on the color of the zoas they’ve been snacking on? He almost matches the colony that I’ve been trying to save from them. I thought I had gotten all of them but I know that’s really hard to do.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do zoa eating nudibranchs take on the color of the zoas they’ve been snacking on? He almost matches the colony that I’ve been trying to save from them. I thought I had gotten all of them but I know that’s really hard to do.
I would think that's very possible, but others might know better

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They typically do match what they are munching on, makes it easy to blend in.

OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can get a good pic post it up!

Someone asked almost the exact same thing a few days ago in one of the FB groups I'm in. The nudi looked like an utter chaos frag
That’s what mine looks like!! I’ll do my best to get a pic ASAP and post it here.

Operation Philo Beddoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Berghia nudi turn blackish-brown after eating an aptasia. Salty Underground warns that white or clear Berghia need to be fed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back