Tiny worm-like pod-creatures. ID please.

PoeLagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had been noticing little specs moving around on the glass. Got a 30x loupe this week. I added some pods weeks ago but these don’t resemble any of the pictured. Any idea what I’m looking at? They move like worms, have greenish in their midsection. I usually see them around bits of algae. 4341E493-C624-4963-92B7-A83BF87E53A4.jpeg

Last edited:

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to say, once you get very small like that options increase of what it could be. so you see any bristles or hairs on the body? right now they look like some very small polychaetes

Peter A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know as well. I just bought a fish and I did formalin dip and then a freshwater dip. I think a few came off the fish in the fresh water dip. After I put it in the QT tank, the next day a few of these were on the glass.

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know as well. I just bought a fish and I did formalin dip and then a freshwater dip. I think a few came off the fish in the fresh water dip. After I put it in the QT tank, the next day a few of these were on the glass.
most likely the glass and fish worms are coincidence

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it was a newly set up QT tank, do you have any suggestions on where the worms come from?
Did you use live rock or live sand? has a frag ever been in the tank? has a mollusk ever been in the tank? small worms such as them will hitchhike on any hard surfaces and live in some number in essentially all saltwater aquariums

Peter A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use live rock or live sand? has a frag ever been in the tank? has a mollusk ever been in the tank? small worms such as them will hitchhike on any hard surfaces and live in some number in essentially all saltwater aquariums
The QT tank was an all new/sterilized set up. There was no live rock in nor any frags/inverts were ever in it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back