Tiny Yellow Worms?

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remounted and dipped my newish duncan yesterday so he's not happy. Today I noticed what look like tiny yellow orange rings on it's side. Worms maybe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most are in the form of a ring, in the picture only those in the center look like that though.

OP
OP
S

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better picture. Worms or maybe my duncan puked it's guts out last night after the dips I gave it.
Is there a way to delete posts? I tried to delete the first two but don't see that enabled.

20190812_211947.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was joking but upon further research: Yes, it puked it's guts out. Those are mesenterial filaments .

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. I bought a duncan coral just like that one roughly two weeks ago and it didn't do that. Perhaps it was overfed at the pet store??? Hope it does alright; it looks like a nice coral :D

OP
OP
S

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I really am not sure how well it looks/looked. The 'trunk' or whatever was brown like that when I got it. Seems like a good store though.

I myself am the over-feeding culprit and caused a hydroid outbreak in my quarantine.

Because of that I ran all my (now 3.5 week new) coral through Bayer, CoralRx, H2O2 and iodine dips after cutting off mounts and remounting after they were dipped neked.

This particular duncan has all the right in the world to be ticked and pukey at me. While using a dremel to cut him off of a rock the store put him on the dremel diamond wheel bound up in the rock. It's that dremel sold at Harbor Freight that has the pen-like extension. Well like a ******* I let go of the rock with my other hand and the frag shot across my patio, bounced off of a wooden bench then rolled under my BBQ pit.

After retrieving it I swooshed it in salt water then finished the job. With way too much glue. I'm a total newbie and not even amateur yet. First time trying any of this.

28hours later and he's looking better than yesterday.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back