tips on making sure my macros survive? spectrum, placement etc.?

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some codium and dragons breathe (not tongue) in my dt for a couple weeks, and they seem to be doing fine, but I want to know how i can make sure they thrive, especially the dragons breathe.

Do I need to anchor them? Is there a specific thing I should test for that would be helpful? Do green and red algae thrive under the same light intensities? Let me know if there's a good source on requirements for individual macro species too, thanks y'all :)

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some codium and dragons breathe (not tongue) in my dt for a couple weeks, and they seem to be doing fine, but I want to know how i can make sure they thrive, especially the dragons breathe.

Do I need to anchor them? Is there a specific thing I should test for that would be helpful? Do green and red algae thrive under the same light intensities? Let me know if there's a good source on requirements for individual macro species too, thanks y'all :)

Check this resource out.

[Marine Plants in The Aquarium" is an online resource for the identification and care of marine macroalgae and seagrasses in the saltwater aquarium. The guide features over 70 of the most commonly available species of marine plants with full color photographs, detailed descriptions and aquarium care. Many of the species included in the guide are available to purchase online from Gulf Coast Ecosystems. Click on each link below to begin the exploration. ]

Table of Contents

About The Author Introduction Marine Plants In The Aquarium
The Refugium Substrates Selecting Quality Plants
Aquascapes Lighting Reproductive Cycle
Filtration Nutrients Maintenance
Case For Caulerpa Green Macroalgae Red Macroalgae
Brown Macroalgae Seagrass Mangroves
References Glossary Online Articles

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back