Tips on Moving 120 Gallon SC Aquarium.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquarium is 120 Gallon, Weighing at 300 lbs, 48” x 24” x 24” I’m building a Custom Bottom Pallet for it to also act as a Sled to slid it down the Stairs. Wondering about using Suction Cups to help with the Lifting. Saw these on Amazon.

Bad Company

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those work ok, but they are only good for about 75 pounds each, and you have to be certain that they are well attached. I would highly recommend the larger 8" suction cups that have a built in pump to set the vacuum AND VISABLE INDICATION THAT THE VACUUM IS DECAYING.

Getting hurt sucks, and medical bills are expensive.

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m Back to trying to get my Wife to sew some straps. She said to just hire out the move, but I still need something to “Grab” the Aquarium with. Getting out of the house where it’s located at isn’t a problem, as he has the guys and relatives with a glass shop. My local glass shop said they would move it, and now are balking.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy or rent some 8-10" suction cups and never look back. I promise you it's worth it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back