Tips on new marine tank

Lyds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I used to be into keeping fish and thought I'd get back into it. Any tips on how to set up a marine tank and fish to get? Cheers

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry rock that is has high porosity. Dry sand. Personally I like some sort of sand bed that has a pH stabilizer like aragonite. Not the whole sand bed, but some of it. Powerheads with a wave maker. RO/DI unit. Protein skimmer.
What kind of tank goal do you have? Corals, fish, inverts, anemone

OP
OP
Lyds

Lyds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry rock that is has high porosity. Dry sand. Personally I like some sort of sand bed that has a pH stabilizer like aragonite. Not the whole sand bed, but some of it. Powerheads with a wave maker. RO/DI unit. Protein skimmer.
What kind of tank goal do you have? Corals, fish, inverts, anemone

Ulitimate goal is corals but should I start with fish first?

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really all depends on what kind of fish you are getting. Say if you want to get an angel and most of those fish like to chow on corals. Then you have a little dilemma. Best thing to do is give a feel to us with what you had in mind. Everyone here loves to rule out the mismatch things. Like a Hawkfish and Cleaner shrimp becomes a $35 snack. Angel and another Angel. Tank is to small for a Tang. That coral or anemone will sting that kind of fish.
What size tank are you looking to get?

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing I would highly recommend is get a legit well made stand. Last thing you want is the tank being bumped and here comes close to 500lbs crashing down on the floor.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back