Tips & Tricks for Creating an Amazing Aquascape

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Tips & Tricks for Creating an Amazing Aquascape

Today we'll discuss the rule of thirds, less being more when it comes to how much rock to use, and share ways to plan your aquascape outside your tank to ensure it's both beautiful and functional for livestock and equipment.

[HASHTAG]#MarineDepotVideos[/HASHTAG]

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Another nice video! Perfect for me because I am thinking about all I want to do with my new aquascape!

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
You can have genuinely great aquascape when you first setup your tank and then ruin it by your coral choices and placement; likewise you can have a bland aquascape and turn it into an astonishing piece of art with good placement and choices. Rocks don't stay empty forever if you're creating a reef, so try to keep that in mind.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Another nice video! Perfect for me because I am thinking about all I want to do with my new aquascape!

We timed the release of this one just for you, Rev! Thank you for watching and for your kind words.

You can have genuinely great aquascape when you first setup your tank and then ruin it by your coral choices and placement; likewise you can have a bland aquascape and turn it into an astonishing piece of art with good placement and choices. Rocks don't stay empty forever if you're creating a reef, so try to keep that in mind.

This is certainly true. I was not terribly pleased with my aquascape once I had it all epoxied together. Now, a year later, I love how the tank looks now that everything's beginning to fill in.

chris hayes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
DEFINITELY needed this.. I do predators but this is a 75g reef for my kids.. I'm HORRIBLE at scaping. . I mean.. just look at this.. hahaha tips from the pic?

20160809_183045.jpg

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
DEFINITELY needed this.. I do predators but this is a 75g reef for my kids.. I'm HORRIBLE at scaping. . I mean.. just look at this.. hahaha tips from the pic?

20160809_183045.jpg

Well the cool thing here is your tank is dry so you have some room to experiment. Also, being a classic rectangle shaped tank you have all kinds of options. How about something like below? I think you could afford to take some rock out of the tank and by the looks of the rock you should be able to stack something like this together pretty easily with minimal use of epoxy or adhesive.

rockscaper2r.jpg

Wish you the best and let us know how it turns out!

-Robert @ MD

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd consider breaking up some of those rocks and also using less as well, you should find it easier to aquascape with smaller rocks just be sure to use epoxy or marine safe mortar like from marco rocks. Dry rocks are fun to play with, I didn't have the heart to break up my TBS live rocks. :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%

Back