~TJ'S 125g ~ Building of the Reef~

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by TJ's Reef, Nov 1, 2013.

1. TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef Valuable Member R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus

Wow, sorry for such a delayed response here. Still busy as heck with the SA job, home and boat projects plus went Truck Shopping Yee Haw ! A NEW 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 'Longhorn Edition' way more than I was looking for but made me a offer I couldn't pass on for 'last years model' with a whole 42 miles on it... lol just had to drive it back 380 miles from North Idaho IMG_20150425_153023023.jpg IMG_20150426_145941705_HDR.jpg IMG_20150426_150444315_HDR.jpg

AquaCox, I do plan to add at least a handful of optics back on. Also will be updating and repairing/replacing a few emitters again, darned Blochii has developed an annoying habit of spitting water and did not reseal new emitters last go around with silicon spray.

Water change tomorrow since it has been a while. Then will get some updated pics posted afterwards. I also upgraded to some Kessil A150's on my Frag Tank, very impressive little units for 34watts.

Cheers, Todd

2. heathd.hd

heathd.hd Valuable Member

Nice looking truck! If it had GMC on the grill it would look alot better though. But We can all have good taste like me!

3. TJ's Reef

Heath, as a Mopar enthusiast I love GM owners....... they paid for a lot of my gas etc... back in the day after the racing was finished.... my 440 Road Runner and 383 Charger just craved Chevy 327's, 350's, 427's and an occasional 454 big block....... lol

Cheers, Todd

4. heathd.hd

Sometimes it's beauty before speed! Not very often though! Hahah.

5. TJ's Reef

You're so right there Heath, Camaro's, Nova's and Chevelle's looked fantastic from the front....... through my rearview mirror... lol

Think I'd trade a non-needed appendage for most any of the old Classic Muscle Cars be it Ford, Chevy or Mopar.

Cheers, Todd

6. heathd.hd

A 65 Chevelle is on my list. Someday!

I like dodge guys actually and the Dodge truck is a close 2nd on my list. It's the Ford guys that get all upset because they know there driving piles of junk! Hahahahha. That should get someone going!

7. 427HISS

427HISS Valuable Member

I'll share my little,....Ford 427 Shelby Cobra.

I'd race you bud, but it's afraid of redneck's and their trucks, might drive over my little Cobra. lol......:tongue:

Attached Files:

8. TJ's Reef

Certainly one of the SEXIEST cars ever made anywhere Kevin, might give up two appendages for this one... lol

And I think most any racer is at least a little scared of the 'Farm Truck', I would never put up a Pink Slip against him/it.

Cheers, Todd

9. heathd.hd

That's purdy!

10. 427HISS

427HISS Valuable Member

Have ya done any smoky burn outs yet ? lol

11. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Hey Todd, nice truck!!! I myself am a Dodge person :) I have an older '99 lifted Durango 4x4 Lol I hope to get a similar truck to yours (since I'll have no more kids in the house) within the year. I want the '13 model though. I don't care much dor the style of the '15...

Back in the day Heath I used to own a 65 chevelle... complete with deep mags and h50s ... laid a lot of 'fat' rubber :) It was candy apple red with black stripes....

12. heathd.hd

Oh man I would kill for that car! My dad had a blue one with black stripes. Stop talking about it I'm getting itchy! Lol

13. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Lol....

So I take it you didn't get to acrylic cutting yet either? Just tell me that you aren't going to take a lifetime like Andy (hehe) to get this tank wet? I am dieing to see the build!

14. Aquaph8

Aquaph8 Love The Fish R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus

Nice truck Todd, I love me some Mopar!

15. Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Moderator Emeritus

Nice truck Todd!

16. 427HISS

427HISS Valuable Member

Here's my MOPAR. 2000 Dodge Dakota SE Quad Cab. 360 cu. (mileage sucks) ! :cry::cry:
    Patty likes it vs our 1/2 ton Chevy pickup because with her double knee replacement,
    it's much easier to get in and out of.

I put in a kick *** stereo and sound awesome, for a truck with no dash speakers.
    Two 10" woofs in back of the rear seats and six speakers. Two amps, one for
    the speakers and the other for the woofs. Great control with the onboard
    equalizer. I want to put on twin turbo's or a centrifugal supercharger.
    We'll see.............

That's what you need for your truck bud ! :xd:
    I'll burn a custom computer chip for it !

Our 2000 Dakota pic1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  17. Saltgator

Saltgator Tang Keeper R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award

Love Dodge! Goat all the way. Miss my Cummings mega but the ex took it!!! And the boat!!! Lol. New wife wants a boat again, lol, this time a flats boat, and she misses my mega cab diesel. Go figure. Anyway, my paid off 2001 ram 2500 4x4 keeps me going from a to b. Lifted and faded! Good job TJ. Lets see some updated pics of that reef we love!

18. TJ's Reef

Thanks All, been a long time since I bought a new ride and never before with this many options. Purchased a 'Lifetime Warranty' to be safe... lol

Actually got around to doing my much needed tank maintenance today as planned with a good algae scrubbing on both DT and Frag Tank plus a 32 gallon W/C and fully cleaned the new-ish Vertex Skimmer for the first time. Cell phone (Motorola Razor) pics as still haven't blown the dust off the Nikon yet.

FTS 4/29/15
    FTS 4-29-15.jpg

Frag Tank with the new Kessil A150we's 'Sky Blue' on left and 'Ocean Blue' on right. Very nice light IMO, and happy to have them.
    IMG_20150429_184233158_HDR.jpg IMG_20150429_184346991.jpg

Annnnnd the old 2001 Ram with 236K miles on her at the Beach House with the 'project boat' behind it, a 1967 Pacific Mariner. Which I put on the water a couple a weeks ago for the first time in 21+ years, ran very well and ready for upcoming Salmon Season on Puget Sound.
    IMG_20150321_155336185_HDR.jpg

Cheers, Todd

19. heathd.hd

I like what you call a frag tanks. Lol they packed.

20. prsnlty

Great pics Todd and your tank is gorgeous as always!

My '99 has 223 on it :) Nice beach house too btw!

Draft saved Draft deleted