~TJ'S 125g ~ Building of the Reef~

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud, the tank system and corals are lookin great,....as always !

Love the truck seats "Hot Rod" brush work. Fancy !

Do they have the heat and air condition for your OLD,....*** ? lol.....:wink:

Being 4-wheel drive, now you can get down to your favorite fishin holes !

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Heath and Jackie, still trying to get 'Honey Do's' caught up enough to jump on the new tank fabricating and aquascape the Coral I plan to keep before losing any more. Between the Snails and that lil brat of a Hippo Tang lifting and dumping frags onto each other have lost some pretty sweet frags including a couple of my favorites of course :cry: Will leave a little room for new ones and ones I've already spoken for from friends..... and maybe the guy down the road that offered some wholesale priced mari-cultured colonies with Acro Crabs in them..... who could pass on that ???

Kevin, this truck has "GOTS it ALL" 5.7L V-8 Hemi MDS, VVT engine that drops to 4 cylinder on highway and 26mpg, Top-grain leather upholstery heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated mirrors and steering wheel, dual-zone climate control, four wheel air-ride assist that automatically adjusts to current conditions (raises and lowers 3.6"), WiFi Hot-Spot, 8.4" touch screen, GPS Nav, 9 speaker Alpine audio system, auto rain detecting wipers, back-up camera, cargo area camera, four-corner proximity alarm, 2-person memory set that adjusts seats, pedal height, mirrors and Radio presets..... whoa Gina said that I was going to buried in it so better make it comfortable.... lol

Cheers, Todd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enough truck talk show me some stuff like this! Hahahahha

Attachments

• 1430418527369.jpg
    1430418527369.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 256
OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Heath, I'll see about dragging out the Nikon a little later today or at least try out the Gel Filters for my cell phone shots. Did I mention that "I LOVE MY NEW TRUCK"..... lol

Cheers, Todd

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"whoa Gina said that I was going to buried in it so better make it comfortable.... lol"
lol,.........:dance:

When you get a chance, call me. :happy:

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY BAD, no quality DSLR Photography as of yet....... but will update a little anyhow here.

New Maxima to the collection, purdy blue one in the middle
IMG_20150505_160812719.jpg

New Leopard Wrasse to keep the Hepatus Tang company in the frag/QT
IMG_20150507_180046208.jpg

Annnnd decided to order up a 'Ghost Overflow' as am finding it difficult to get in any shop-time lately. Reef Savvy has newly designed these overflows and now has a 20" 2500 gph model.... me like and looking forward to receiving it. Also will be setting up an independent Frag/Growout tank in the garage out of my temporary fish holding 75g acrylic for the eventual tank transfer. Will light with a combination of Kessil's and Reef Radiance fixtures.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Reeftank day yesterday, was able to substantially clear up some space in the frag Tank and then traded with a favorite LFS of mine for a new Neptune unit that will hopefully give me some piece of mind in keeping up with high dosing demands of my system.

Crappy pic as did not clean the glass but still like having the extra spacing between frags now.
IMG_20150514_113509303_HDR.jpg

Cannot wait to hook this bad boy up, along with a growing pile of Neptune modules for the new setup.
IMG_20150514_113332309_HDR.jpg

Cheers, Todd

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha Todd, my PBT picks up my frags and does the same thing! I love the clams, they are a favorite of mine.... maybe some day :) Everything looks beautiful as always.

You're making me want to trade in my "99 Durango lol

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todd to you think the expense of the Neptune dosers are worth it? I'm struggling to make my mind up on what I'm going to do with my tank. My reef angel controller has met it's life expectancy. It's old and doing some odd things. I could upgrade the board for like 80 bucks and order the dosers for reef angel. Or I could sell off what I have for a few bucks and go full apex. Or I could be a cheap *** and just get a jaebo 4 head doser. I wanna go full triton at some point this year. Idk a apex with 4 heads of dosing will be almost 1400 ouch. Anyways. Just getting opinions

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Heath, have not opened up the box yet but in trading Coral Frags for it and not doling out $350 for it was a good deal for me. I'm liking the ability to control directly with my Apex through 'Fusion' and feel that the higher quality of component will be appreciated as my dosing is such high volume now at 350ml each of Calcium and Alk supplement daily. I agree that if they were maybe $300-350 for a 4-head unit I would probably have just bought one when first introduced.

Cheers, Todd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the biggest thing keeping me away from switch to Apex. I mean really 1500 - 2 g into control. That's a serious tank fund. All in apex. Ato. Dosing. Grrrrr. Why do I love expensive things!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Todd! Just dropped in to see if you started the new tank yet and see what's up... I see no new posts. How are things going? Have you started the build yet? My youngest got married to an army guy in June, July she moved to Hawaii to be with him. She takes pics of the tide pools and such- makes me think of your visits there lol

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jackie, thanks for stopping by.... unfortunately nothing new going on with my current or future system as of late. Remodeling projects and a bit of Salmon fishing / Crabbing have occupied most of my time and without a lot of Social Media distractions I've gotten a number of big projects completed. Granite goes in next week (fingers crossed) and then will start the new 185g build AT LONG LAST.

Fish and remaining Corals are all healthy and growing out of the tank again and have stock piled a load of new equipment and Apex accessories for the new system and future independent frag/ grow out tank that will go into the garage and help supply a couple of LFS's Local Aquaculture sales. I'll do some seriously needed maintenance aesthetic wise and post some updated pics soon...

Cheers, Todd

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck with the up coming build! Have fun salmon fishing, I used to go every year but life has been busy the past 2-3 years and I haven't been able to.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it sounds like you've accomplished quite a bit and having some fun! Good for you Todd :D As you know I'm looking for that build so I'm glad to hear it's in the near future. lol And I am watching over your thread for it ;)

(Edited because I have a phone with a mind of its own and changes what I say upon "send")

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, I'll download some tomorrow just for you bud.... it's been a good year for Dungeness in Puget Sound this season with around 60 or so legal sized ones kept now and many well over 7" across. Jeff send me a FB friend request (TJ's Reef / Todd Lachmann) if you'd like to see more of my piscatorial pursuits.

Cheers, Todd

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back