TJ's Santa CADE REEF 1200 S2 Tank Build

luvinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the tank and what they supply regarding plumbing but if you have to tighten it with a wrench somthing is most likely wrong. Is it the union or bulkhead?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After filling the tank for approx. 3 days in a row, I have noticed a bit of an issue with the return plumbing. As of right now, whenever I turn on the return pump, there is a noticeable leak between the return plumbing and the flat bottom side of the tank (shown in the image). I have been trying to tighten the pipe with a wrench to ensure that it is sealed enough, but I am fearful of cracking the pvc and/or ruining the bottom covering of the tank. I am really surprised that there are no clear instructions for this, as I really wanted to know if there was an o-ring meant for this fitting. I tried to contact CADE support but the call dropped after being left on hold for a while. Does anyone have any recommendations?
IMG_9296.jpg
Hi there! You shouldn't need a wrench! Can you DM us your phone number so we can call you and trouble shoot/help you?

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the tank and what they supply regarding plumbing but if you have to tighten it with a wrench somthing is most likely wrong. Is it the union or bulkhead?
It’s the bulkhead right where it meets the glass. I’ve tried to hand tighten it further but it won’t budge.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After filling the tank for approx. 3 days in a row, I have noticed a bit of an issue with the return plumbing. As of right now, whenever I turn on the return pump, there is a noticeable leak between the return plumbing and the flat bottom side of the tank (shown in the image). I have been trying to tighten the pipe with a wrench to ensure that it is sealed enough, but I am fearful of cracking the pvc and/or ruining the bottom covering of the tank. I am really surprised that there are no clear instructions for this, as I really wanted to know if there was an o-ring meant for this fitting. I tried to contact CADE support but the call dropped after being left on hold for a while. Does anyone have any recommendations?
IMG_9296.jpg
Image 2021-06-22 13_31_56.96.jpg

You should have 2 gaskets or o rings that go there. One to go on the inside of the tank and one on the outside of the glass. Thank you for DMing us your number so we can get you taken care of :)

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image 2021-06-22 13_31_56.96.jpg

You should have 2 gaskets or o rings that go there. One to go on the inside of the tank and one on the outside of the glass. Thank you for DMing us your number so we can get you taken care of :)
Thank you for the super quick response! I will work on that portion today. You guys are the greatest :D

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are welcome! Feel free to DM us if you have any more questions! :)

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been cycling for about a month now! The algae had come in strong for the first few weeks and has already started to die off. Added a little Rock urchin to munch on that extra grass.
image.jpg

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you mount your lights? Are they attached to the back of the stand? How are you enjoying the Cade do far?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back