TJ's Santa CADE REEF 1200 S2 Tank Build

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all the CADE 1200 came in today! I would like to give thanks to Algae Barn for this amazing opportunity and would like to personally thank each and every member involved in the special post. Also, I would like to personally thank Rudy, a fellow Niners fan, for helping me place the tank/ stand in my backyard. That made life a whole lot easier! Anyways, I can't wait to get this tank set up and will hopefully be able to show you my progress along the way. Let's get this started! - TJ
The Arrival.png

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. The only thing that is preventing me from taking a serious look is the weird ATO reservoir being built into display. So hurry up and open it!!! Please!
I would like to see good pictures of the ATO

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excited to see how this one goes! Following!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This picture looks so great that it almost seems like a stock photo! :)

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Hey yall its been a minute! As of right now, I have bought 60 lbs of real reef rock and 120 lbs of aragonite sand to get the scape process started! For the return pump, I was thinking about installing either a VarioS or COR20. For the wavemakers, I am stuck between the MP40s, WAVs, gyres, and neros. Any recommendations?

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the MP40s and don’t look back. Put them on the back wall and get two spare wet sides so you can swap them out.
I was thinking about that but realized the CADE has a back compartment for the ATO. I would have to put them on the sides!

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about that but realized the CADE has a back compartment for the ATO. I would have to put them on the sides!
Still have concerns over the gravity fed ATO failing on. How do you like it, any issues?

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have concerns over the gravity fed ATO failing on. How do you like it, any issues?
Its perfect! It is very sleek, and I do not need a separate container with a loud pump when it gets low! Also, it comes pre-plumbed! I really think every reef tank should come with one of these. Super easy and super clean.

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its perfect! It is very sleek, and I do not need a separate container with a loud pump when it gets low! Also, it comes pre-plumbed! I really think every reef tank should come with one of these. Super easy and super clean.
Oh yeah, one more thing about the ATO. It has a perfect little hole at the top of the lid that allows you to run an RODI line into the compartment directly. I am thinking on leaving it in there so I can just turn on the RODI whenever I feel the need to do so.

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update (6/16):
I have finally added the skimmer, heater, return pump, lights, scape, and sand and I'm ready to fill 'er up! I have decided to go with the mp40s because I did not want to mess with any in-tank wires and the pre-existing lid. Additionally, I have been considering getting a UV filter and two media reactors and would love to know if anyone had any recommendations for either. The sides of the glass are covered with a bit of sand, so I'll send some more pics once it is all filled!
IMG_9151.jpg
IMG_9153.jpg

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The platforms you created are awesome! And not going to lie- I'm going to look for your sleeping dog in every photo haha

OP
OP
DJTJ

DJTJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After filling the tank for approx. 3 days in a row, I have noticed a bit of an issue with the return plumbing. As of right now, whenever I turn on the return pump, there is a noticeable leak between the return plumbing and the flat bottom side of the tank (shown in the image). I have been trying to tighten the pipe with a wrench to ensure that it is sealed enough, but I am fearful of cracking the pvc and/or ruining the bottom covering of the tank. I am really surprised that there are no clear instructions for this, as I really wanted to know if there was an o-ring meant for this fitting. I tried to contact CADE support but the call dropped after being left on hold for a while. Does anyone have any recommendations?
IMG_9296.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back