TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

rocket098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is 72L x34w and 36” tall.. 2x4 supports on the ends and one in the center only.
Wow thanks for all that info and the pics. I was debating if I needed more support but it appears you have even less support then me and a wider tank.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for all that info and the pics. I was debating if I needed more support but it appears you have even less support then me and a wider tank.
It doesn’t take much.. what size tank you building it for? Look at the water box or Red Sea and it’s just plywood that’s laminated.. people build them way over kill but that’s not a bad thing in my opinion…

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update as I had a down day yesterday to just clean the madness up from over the last week lol.. found a good use for my dog treat dispenser we never use.. I can watch it 24/7 now..
C5A46CE0-EC32-414C-8AD4-234B1B060CA1.png

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update as I had a down day yesterday to just clean the madness up from over the last week lol.. found a good use for my dog treat dispenser we never use.. I can watch it 24/7 now..
C5A46CE0-EC32-414C-8AD4-234B1B060CA1.png
I like how you do morning updates. Keep ‘em coming!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how you do morning updates. Keep ‘em coming!
Thank you! I try man! Life is crazy right now! My real job has me working stupid hours and 7 days a week! Money is great but I’m tired and need a vacation lol.. I haven’t had a day off since New Year’s Day.. ugh.. sleep 5 hours a night at best.. I don’t have any hair left to lose so my goatee is just turning more grey by the day :p

JulesH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crikey that sump is larger than my main tank :). I am beginning to get a liking for peninsula tanks, yours is going to look fantastic.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crikey that sump is larger than my main tank :). I am beginning to get a liking for peninsula tanks, yours is going to look fantastic.
Thank you! Yes I’ve always been a fan of large sumps.. makes it much easier to house everything and hold extra water..

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I try man! Life is crazy right now! My real job has me working stupid hours and 7 days a week! Money is great but I’m tired and need a vacation lol.. I haven’t had a day off since New Year’s Day.. ugh.. sleep 5 hours a night at best.. I don’t have any hair left to lose so my goatee is just turning more grey by the day
I relate to the no sleep, no hair thing. Lost most of my hair and have been shaving my head since about ‘97. Have also had the goatee on and off through the years but not in the past 10 years now. I am sure it’s completely grey now as it was greying 10 years ago.

No days off for 3 months? That is totally crazy! Everyone needs time off, Lee. I hope you’re not neglecting your health.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I relate to the no sleep, no hair thing. Lost most of my hair and have been shaving my head since about ‘97. Have also had the goatee on and off through the years but not in the past 10 years now. I am sure it’s completely grey now as it was greying 10 years ago.

No days off for 3 months? That is totally crazy! Everyone needs time off, Lee. I hope you’re not neglecting your health.
I wasn’t till the last week 2 weeks.. I’m taking a break now lol.. I’m working from 2am till 2:30 pm that’s what’s killing me! Waking up at 1 am every day ugh.. my normal work schedule is 5am to 1:30 pm and I love it! Momma doesn’t get home till 6ish soooo… I get about 3 hours a day to do what ever I need to do and then eat dinner and hang out with her for a few minutes then repeat.. rrrrrrrr.. lol

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m working from 2am till 2:30 pm that’s what’s killing me!
What? Who’s the genius who came up with these hours?

Your normal work shift are some nice hours!

Please remind me what you do again. Actually, I don’t know that I ever really knew except to say it’s some form of fabrication.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shop came up with those hours.. lol.
nobody wants to work 5-5:30pm I build all the large marquee signs on the Las Vegas strip! And every other sign in this town haha.. Vegas is growing like crazy right now in the aftermath of covid! Well I’m kinda semi retired from fabrication now as I run the shop so I only build when time permits.. I’m mostly baby sitting and placing orders, times cards etc now.. I’d much rather be building stuff then doing paper work that’s for sure!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shop came up with those hours.. lol.
nobody wants to work 5-5:30pm I build all the large marquee signs on the Las Vegas strip! And every other sign in this town haha.. Vegas is growing like crazy right now in the aftermath of covid! Well I’m kinda semi retired from fabrication now as I run the shop so I only build when time permits.. I’m mostly baby sitting and placing orders, times cards etc now.. I’d much rather be building stuff then doing paper work that’s for sure!
Thanks for sharing.
I wonder what happened to some of the old original signs. Some of those were like pieces of art.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing.
I wonder what happened to some of the old original signs. Some of those were like pieces of art.
Most have been demolished but some of the iconic ones sit in a museum located near downtown… the neon museum has some history and cool signs of the Vegas past. I’ve been building this crap for 30 years now lol.. they turned the old signs into a tourist trap. Haha

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most have been demolished but some of the iconic ones sit in a museum located near downtown… the neon museum has some history and cool signs of the Vegas past. I’ve been building this crap for 30 years now lol.. they turned the old signs into a tourist trap. Haha
All of Las Vegas is, by definition, one giant tourist trap!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of Las Vegas is, by definition, one giant tourist trap!
Agreed! I’m native and I’m trapped! Hahahahahsh I couldn’t live any where else after being born here! This place is way to convenient and the money has always been good in my field of work..

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! I’m native and I’m trapped! Hahahahahsh I couldn’t live any where else after being born here! This place is way to convenient and the money has always been good in my field of work..
Wow! You’re like a rarity there. Maybe you could put yourself behind some glass as an odd type of attraction! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang gang starting to roll deep! Got another friend for them.. mh are off.. sorry for the crappy pic! This was her tank before I bought it.. the guy who bought her had a bigger hippo and they fought so he gave her to me! Yay!
5B1F040D-E75E-4AEF-8D5A-1CB6049C9967.jpeg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone! Debating what tangs and how many more I can house …..hmmmm… so far the stocking list is..
hippo, half black mimmic, sailfin, convict..
Pair of storm clowns, chalk bass, coral beauty, yellow corris with silver belly. Would like to get some more wrasses also.. just gotta figure out which ones don’t fight and co exist lol..

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone! Debating what tangs and how many more I can house …..hmmmm… so far the stocking list is..
hippo, half black mimmic, sailfin, convict..
Pair of storm clowns, chalk bass, coral beauty, yellow corris with silver belly. Would like to get some more wrasses also.. just gotta figure out which ones don’t fight and co exist lol..
OS Tang?

I could help you out with wrasse. What are you looking for? Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Halichoeres? Anampses could be difficult.?

@crusso1993 you better tell him to buckle up cuz you know me with wrasse ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back