TMC reef Habitat 50 start up

Feako09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
Any comments/help welcome.
After having my evo up and running successfully I’ve taken the plunge and upgraded and bought a TMC reef habitat 50 setup.
now being my first tank with a sump setup. I’m looking for any advice or pointers…
Firstly with the sump what do and don’t I include in this ? Skimmer, filter socks, refugium etc. secondly what sort off fish stock could I keep in this ? I’m planning a mixed reef setup but after some interesting fish to go along with it. And lastly dosing…
Will I need to look into this and start with this or not as I don’t intend to have any sps or many off them Again any help or comments welcome or any photos off similar setups !

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
you can keep any equipment in your sump that you don't want in your display. so, any macro algae, your heater(s), skimmer, any bio-media (bio cubes/balls/blocks), any GFO/Carbon, etc.

stock-wise this is up to you... we can always suggest what fish should be in your list but ultimately it is what YOU choose!

definitely look into watching the BRS videos on setting up a tank amongst their other very informative videos.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back