To all those awesome reefers out there!

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you!

the only Concern jimmy had was he wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting it just to sell. He really wanted to help a reefer add life to their tank not make a buck off him. So I’ve decided as these grow- any frags that come from them will be offered free to fellow reefers. I’ve Never shipped a coral so probably only locally, but I think that’s a great way to pay it forward when the time comes that they are grown out in my tank.
Yes! So nice to find a kind person and someone who isn't all about the money

fnlyreefready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you!

the only Concern jimmy had was he wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting it just to sell. He really wanted to help a reefer add life to their tank not make a buck off him. So I’ve decided as these grow- any frags that come from them will be offered free to fellow reefers. I’ve Never shipped a coral so probably only locally, but I think that’s a great way to pay it forward when the time comes that they are grown out in my tank.
Grow out? Crap most would be dragging some of those already! Same really awesome pieces there And I bet your tank just pops

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l0MYDEPLWRWbJoRuU.gif

Welcome to R2R!!!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Beautiful corals! I’ve noticed that there are some super generous people in this hobby. If I could grow out and learn to drag I’d be happy to share like “Jimmy”. Awesome name too, my baby brothers name is Jimmy❤️ He’s a kind soul as well.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Your experience is how this hobby should be.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hopefully you’re enjoying the resources on the R2R community and a belated welcome to you

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my recent experience.

I saw an ad for “free play grandis” ad just said “need space” found it on a local reefing forum. I messaged the guy to see what it was all about and many days Went by without a response. So I figured “must have gotten rid of it already” and I moved on.

then out of no where I got a text. He said pick up was in Orange County (about 1.5 hr from me) no other info. I tried to ask questions but he said just come. I was hesitant, but decided what did I have to loose.

when I arrived I was greeted by “jimmy”. He was super friendly, showed me his entire set up, his main display inside, his filtration. We spend some time admiring his beautiful and exotic fish and corals, talk about his feeding and dosing and additives. I really enjoyed it.

I was expecting a head or two from the paly (after all it was being offered for free)

when he grabbed a 75 head + colony and started bagging it- I got worried. I said “are you sure that’s free” he chuckled a little and said “yeah you can have them” I was totally speechless Less. He then started adding some large zoa colony’s, some
Mushrooms, a pink/red Goni, and another one im
Not sure what it is lol and said “you seem like a cool guy, here’s some more stuff for your tank” again, I’m speak less. It was so good I felt bad lol. I offered to pay him some money. He would not accept it for these. He said he need the space more then the money. But he did say anything in the frag tank was for sale, and if I wanted to buy some thing just to ask and he will give the price.

so I saw a beautiful bubble coral, a nice plate coral, and an insanely nice meat coral. I asked “are any
of those three in the $100 range”

he said all three for $100 was good and started packing them as well!

this guy honestly just wanted to help a fellow reefer. And in this hobby, any help is much appreciated. He was a supper cool guy! I know there are many other people like that in the hobby and I just wanted to give a shout out to all those super cool reefing people! You guys rock and make this hobby More enjoyable For the “budget” reefers.
Here’s a few pick of what I got: (sorry for the blues- will get better photos soon) (also this was after only about 2 hr in the tank. Most everything was open except the zoas)
D395439D-36FB-4284-9EDE-4AECA2967B94.jpeg
15E87388-ED73-450B-87A1-48C52B34353A.jpeg
6C8D709F-BA6C-4605-92BE-8D6AE5F4E1F1.jpeg
29E697A4-80A5-4774-B367-AB74CA1B88DF.jpeg
8814D96C-9C6B-4E4C-86C8-021CA342C3E8.jpeg
AC5CB7C1-D48F-4D25-846F-8CE7C15A1DFE.jpeg
C98A4809-7282-4C4E-BA38-56FE34DA6211.jpeg
942D54F7-F66E-47D6-9964-E0C7F8CCA777.jpeg

Just wanted to share. I’m still so excited! The meat coral is beautiful. The bubble too! All of it lol. Just super excited and wanted to share.
HAPPY REEFING!!!
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back