To buy KP rock or not- That is the question!

BrittneyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys- little back story.

First I want to preface this by saying I LOVE KP rock. I have 3 tanks all with it and can seriously just not get over how beautiful it is.

My dilemma is this- next year I will be upgrading my FOWLR predator tank doubling it in size. This was my first aquarium so this one is 'mismatched' in the rock department. I have Marco rock, KP rock, and two different colors of purple rock. It drives my OCD INSANE! So when I upgrade I only plan on keeping the KP rock to transfer over as the other rocks are all glued together.

Because of the species we keep in the tank it is imperative the rocks are secured together but I have had issues with the other two tanks that are 100% KP rock in gluing/epoxying to get the arches and caves to stick securely together. I am in a real pickle on what to do. I don't really wanna do the cool structures in dry rock then throw in some KP rock and have the same issues I am have now with the different colors.. KP rock is just so perfect for FOWLR systems with all the colorful sponges and things growing on it.

What have y'all done?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some setups (not necessarily with KP rock) where they drilled holes and secured the rock using acrylic pipes. Not sure if that would work with the scale you're talking about.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaForest Stone Fix is your answer. I have KP rocks that I had delivered in water. I used Stone Fix to join my rocks. It's a cement that dries quickly. You can use it in or out of water.

OP
OP
B

BrittneyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaForest Stone Fix is your answer. I have KP rocks that I had delivered in water. I used Stone Fix to join my rocks. It's a cement that dries quickly. You can use it in or out of water.
You are an answered prayer!! Thank you!

How long did it take to dry? Any tips?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back