To Catch a Fish

ChrisKSB

King of GHA Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got rid of the Blue/Green Chromis! First time netting a fish, boy that wasn't easy! Took drastic measures and blocked all exits! Then drove 100 miles to give him to a fish store. o_O

PXL_20210122_221414721.jpg

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish traps, or, if all else fails, tiny hooks. Look up "microfishing". Fishing hooks small enough to catch fish down to an inch long. I used some once to collect freshwater sunfish for an aquarium (netting them isn't legal around here, but hooking is), and they work great. Preferably flatten down the barb. Bait the hook, drop it near the fish, and be ready. As soon as the fish takes a bite, pull it up and out of the tank, and lower it into a container of water. Take tweezers, grab the base of the hook, and get it out of the fish's mouth. Shouldn't do any notable damage, and probably less stressful than being chased for a few hours.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AA Upload.png
AAA Upload.png

A couple of microfishing catches. A bass (probably largemouth), and a baby sunfish. If your problem fish is anywhere near this size, there are hooks that can catch him. I once got a gambusia (mosquitofish/minnow) that was under an inch long.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back