To Digital Aquatics Owners that are having warranty issues

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check with your purchasing credit card to see what kind of protection they offer. Many cards offer warranty protection above the standard warranty timeframe and will likely offer support for a company that goes under during your warranty period. This is what I'm doing currently.

You can also try to contact your state's AG as they typically handle these types of shady warranty situations but that is likely to be a lot more work.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran reefkeeper and apex for 10 yrs side by side on same tank as experiment and experience to see which one works better.
After 7 yrs RKE crapped out.
Personally Neptune system are much better option in long run
I don't doubt if DA went under i havent heard many buying them lately.

OP
OP
O

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran reefkeeper and apex for 10 yrs side by side on same tank as experiment and experience to see which one works better.
They don't seem to be out of business per se, but seems like the parent company is cutting resources or something.

Last edited:

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did digital aquatic go under?
Very sad to say, yes Digital Aquatics is no more. Their parent company has closed down DA, their website is shut down, all vendors have cleared out any remaining stock on DA inventory and My Reef 2.0 is gone. Luckly a few people have saved the MynReef download for thoses that are in need of it. I am pretty upset this happened being a long time DA user.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Getting 7 years of working life from anything exposed to constant salt spray and saltwater is pretty exceptional. I wouldn't assume that the Apex was better from a quality standpoint simply because it lasted more than 7 years. Any piece of reefing gear lasting 7 years is pretty good.

The point is moot, because DA is out of business now. But still, in general, I would not think of reefing gear as inferior or "not able to go the distance" because it ONLY lasted 7 years in a saltwater environment.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back