• no

Votes: 21 17.6%

• Total voters

Forshurley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a new build and thinking about adding GSP to grow up on the back wall. I did this in my last tank and loved it. I felt the GSP would tell me if tank is off, meaning it was always the first to close if tank parameters are off so knew to take action such as water change, test etc. I know all the pro reefers think it is a noob coral but its funny when someone whom never seen a reef tank gravitates towards the GSP from it swaying in the water column and bringing tons of life and movement to the tank.

So my question is would you add GSP to a 250g mixed reef tank?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mountain of gsp in my 180. I think it's great. It's separated from everything else and easy to cut and frag.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200912143905894_COVER.jpg

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s great. People hate on it because it’s easy, but who cares. That said, the back wall is a no go for me. Too much work after it’s huge and I just don’t care for the look. I think it really “sizes” your tank if that makes sense. It looks great on an island.

scdigby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all the pro reefers think it is a noob coral but its funny when someone whom never seen a reef tank gravitates towards the GSP from it swaying in the water column and bringing tons of life and movement to the tank.
i've seen a few tanks with gsp growing on the back glass, and it is very pretty. i don't care what is or isn't a noob coral. If it's beautiful, you know how it grows, and you know you can take care of it then it all comes down to whether YOU want it in YOUR mixed reef. If you want to grow gsp go for it!

Memisis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do the same thing! Right on the back wall. There is some amazing gsp at the LFS and I'm just waiting for them to frag it.

With it being on the wall (glass) we can cut with a razor if it ever starts to go where we don't want it. Slice it and peel it!

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made the mistake of putting it right in the middle of my rock work. It’s still pretty though. I just glue frags on top of it and it dies around the new frags so no hard feelings with it :)
really? just glue the frag rite on top of the GSP? regular gel superglue?

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new build and thinking about adding GSP to grow up on the back wall. I did this in my last tank and loved it. I felt the GSP would tell me if tank is off, meaning it was always the first to close if tank parameters are off so knew to take action such as water change, test etc. I know all the pro reefers think it is a noob coral but its funny when someone whom never seen a reef tank gravitates towards the GSP from it swaying in the water column and bringing tons of life and movement to the tank.

So my question is would you add GSP to a 250g mixed reef tank?
I love the look of GSP I used to have a beautiful bath across the front of my tank from end to end, like a front lawn to the rock scape. But lost everything when i switched tanks , broke my heart

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a sweet deal with LFS you got going on
Yes it's a good deal. I also sell them trumpet, duncan, hammer, frogspawn, montipora. All for pretty cheap.

Gsp sells the fastest by far.

And the store actually passes the savings on to the customer with what they sell them for.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's a good deal. I also sell them trumpet, duncan, hammer, frogspawn, montipora. All for pretty cheap.

Gsp sells the fastest by far.

And the store actually passes the savings on to the customer with what they sell them for.
Very cool

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back