To the slime that stole from our host

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to take a brief moment to address something that happened at our meeting yesterday. The person who stole from our host you should be ASHAMED of yourself. The guy opened his house to us, served us a amazing BBQ with drinks, discounted his live stock for us and you steal 60 dollars worth of dry goods? If you are a half decent person you will return what you stole to me in the next week and it will be between you and I or drop it off in front on his house or on his car. There was only 10 of us at that meeting so you shouldn’t be hard to find. If you don’t return it and we figure out who you are you will be banned from our meetings and we will let others know what you did. This is your one and only opportunity to make things right

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, so sorry to hear this happened. Unfortunately we have had similar thefts over the years at our home-hosted club meetings, makes people very reluctant to offer to host going forward... :-(

mets17127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to have missed the meeting (my 11-year olds bday party) but I never would have imagined this would be an issue. We used to have periodic meetings, and though lightly attended, the familiar faces I know would never have done such a thing. Mike is trying to get a business off the ground. Encouraging the growth of the club should help that, not hinder it.
Obviously, a thief isn’t particularly considerate of others, but please realize that your actions don’t dang you, they cast us all in a poor light, and will make it tougher to have meetings in the future. Hell, I just traded with a fellow long-standing member last week. People will think twice of letting even a individual in their house if they are worried a trip to the bathroom will lead to missing belongings.
Best thing is return the items anonymously, and chalk it up to an accidental mistake in grabbing the wrong stuff.

OP
OP
duke62

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This issue was resolved. The person will not be outed and we will chalk it up as a mistake. We will not let this be our downfall. We are going to move forward from it. Thank you for stepping up and doing the right thing

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back