To use a UV light or not?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay that's good to know. I'll keep the UV spectrum on during the blackout. My zoas are fully open so they must be enjoying the light. Atleast I know some of my corals won't be fully disrupted for the black out period
If its true uv, you can see it, fyi.... manufacturers play fast and loose calling violet bulbs uv

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can tell its UV, picks up on all the green colours and makes them glow. Not the same as the violet spectrum the Ai Prime has
How do you know the corals are glowing because of true uv or just violet spectrum, just curious? The light is on, you can't see visual light, but the corals glow?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True UV does make some things florescent. I have a friend who collects uranium glass items, and they glow under UV light.

OP
OP
Osimno

Osimno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know the corals are glowing because of true uv or just violet spectrum, just curious? The light is on, you can't see visual light, but the corals glow?
There is a touch of visual light, much less compared to the violet. and yes all the greenish hued corals glow very brightly. not as much as they do with the violet spectrum led

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back