To zeovit or not to zeovit ?

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
Would you start a new tank (in fact, the tank has 1 year but is not working properly, dinos, cyanos and so on, so let's consider the tank as new) with Zeovit ?
Pro ? Cons ?

I could start full zeovit or full triton, I have both zeolite, some KZ basic product and 4 dosing pumps for Triton, if needed.
I'm not able to choose a method, I like zeovit but i'm really scared to fight against dinos and cyanos all the time (that is what i'm doing from a year even without zeovit)

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
if you allow me, I would suggest to fix your tank first… then think about Zeovit (or Triton).
I have experience with Zeovit and I’m more than happy to help you. However, I would do it only if you really planning to reboot the whole tank.

If your tank is up and running, it is way easier to remove corals (if you still have it) and turn off the lights for a week or two… while you think why you had dinos, cyanos…
No matter what you choose, tanks only starts to “take off” really after a year… so I wouldn’t waste that!

Post a photo of the full tank and describe it more or less the specs… and we can see what could be improved.
Just a suggestion…

Anyway, answering your question: Zeovit is a difficult and really cool method to run. However, there is a clear recipe to follow… normally the main risk is linked to the user overdosing the dosage (very tempting!!)
In such case, you will fase cyanos, algae…
The difficulty comes with the constant dosing and attention to the tank… and, as said, the temptation to dose things more and more to see the results.
On the other hand, the results are fantastic.

I recently quite Zeovit, mostly due to maintenance… still the tank looks nice.

Let me know if you need specific help after your final decision!
Cheers

Old pick with Zeo…
AD3E9195-EFC9-4B83-BD8C-278974FFECF4.jpeg

OP
OP
I

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, i'm fixing right now, dinos seems to have gone, after (a lot) of Dino X, reduced lights and UV lamps.
The tank is clear, today i've incresed the light to 9 hours, let's see in the following days if dinos came back or not

Iant419

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, i'm fixing right now, dinos seems to have gone, after (a lot) of Dino X, reduced lights and UV lamps.
The tank is clear, today i've incresed the light to 9 hours, let's see in the following days if dinos came back or not
We need more info. What are your tests telling you? Are your phosphates or nitrates just building up? Do you have a refugium? Is your filtration turnover adequate? Are you running a GFO reactor and still having high phosphates? Water changes aren't enough for phosphates in the long run for most people.

If you can't get a new tank to cycle, spike, and the defeat algae/dino blooms and then stabilize I wouldn't get into an advanced dosing system.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back