Toadstool not happy, brown spot appearing.

Alexoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi, first issue in my reefer journey, this toadstool was happy a few days ago, fully opened, polyps extented.
Went in what appeared to be a mold a week ago, closed and became shinny for a few days.
Since that he won t open, and some brownish spots started to appear, tried to blow water gently on the brown stuff and it won t go away.
Tank is 7 weeks old, yes, fairly new, cycled in a little less than two weeks, 72 x 24, started with a lot of rock from healthy established tanks, runs with a sump with more live rocks, a BM Skimmer (off during the day) and a well working refugium (plenty of pods)
Parameters goes like this (yesterday) :
Temp : 77 to 78F
Sal : 1.024
PH : 8.2
Nh3 : 0
No2 : 0
No3 : 0-ish
KH : 8.4
Cal : 500
Mag : 1520
Po4 : 0.03
All other corals are looking really fine (two other smaller toadstool fully open), 2x clowns, 1x wrasse, 1x goby, 1x dragonet, CUC, everyone s thriving.
I have three different dips i can use, Coral RX, 2LF Revive and Seachem Reef Dip.
Looking for inputs, thank you R2R.
Pics are, a week ago, and just now :
IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9600.jpg

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Leathers can stay closed for weeks at a time and typically come back looking better than ever. It’s annoying, but I would just leave it be. It doesn’t appear to be anything out of the ordinary.

Corals.com

If you were to give yourself an OVERALL reefing hobby grade what would it be?

• A

Votes: 30 7.1%
  • B

Votes: 174 40.9%
  • C

Votes: 187 44.0%
  • D

Votes: 25 5.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 2.1%
Koral Kingdom